Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 f350 that last winter started missing not haveing the money to fix it i let it sit all winter. this summer when trying to start it i discovered the computer was bad. i had it replaced and the mechanic said that must have been my problem. the next day it started to mis here and ther after it was warm then it would go away the rest of the drive cycle over the next week it got worse.i brought it in and they were booked for the next few weeks but suggested the injector.so i changed it. after changing the injector i started the truck ran for about 30 min. just as the truck became all the way warm the same problem occured.from cold start it runs fine then warms up and misses with combustion imbalancw code. any ideas ficm tests 52

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Bad injector. Scan it again and look at a power balance test to see which one is dropping out

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think the injector i replaced is bad? i replaced number four the code is on number four.Am i just not understanding?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i started it today as normarl till it gets warm then back fires and starts missing

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
Are you sure that you replaced # 4? Where was it located? I have installed in the wrong cylinder once. Got in a hurry and went back to GAS firing order. Did you use a new injector?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Used new injector replaced second from the front on driver side I have a diabloo sport programer. With the cable for a laptop and cab record data

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes it shows # 4 has a drop the rest look ok i had a local shop hook it up and it now has this mis from start up

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
Did u get it seated and torquered down properly? Orings and copper washer before you installed?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts