Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Rubber Neckin
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a 1991 F250 7.3l IDI Lariat with the banks kit on it.
I got it from an elderly gentleman who has had it since brand new, and he cant get into it anymore.
It has 100,000 original miles a built e4od done at 95,000. He told me the tranny didn't need to be rebuilt but he wanted to tow a trailer so he had it done anyways given their track record.
I have every single piece of paperwork and reciept for the truck all maintence records including a log book he kept for all the work he did himself.
It has always been treated for cavitation since as long as people started doing it.
Everything works and not one spec of rust!

I will be starting a build thread for it soon.

any suggestions shout them out now!

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
Nice score on the truck man! Good lookin rig for sure. What all do you have in mind for it?

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
looking again i see you have my front seat... Seems like theyre all over the place if your not me

·
Rubber Neckin
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt even know they came in a lariat. TTB dump is probably the first thing on my list to do.

the fluid level seems too high on the tranny dipstick. It is just at/slightly above the cross hatched area. Isnt it supposed to be down at the second hole? The man i bought it from just had the tranny fluid changed.

·
Trailer Trash...
603 Posts
TTB isnt bad if your not lifting it, but not worth the cost of a lift kit if you are, plus nothing more janky looking than a 3/4 ton with a TTB lift hanging down...

·
Rubber Neckin
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the bricknose look, I think ill keep that, but I want to lift it and a dana 60 is a must, my buddy has one with 4.10 gears. so now I just have to get it out of him!

·
Rubber Neckin
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
camper shell and running boards are going too

·
Banned
226 Posts

·
Trailer Trash...
603 Posts
If you consider a 87-91 a OBS, then yes
Man, I dont think ive ever seen that seat in a bricknose, maybe once, but I figured it was swapped in. I always see lariats with buckets and a console, or like my two lariats that had standard benches... Must have been a top option or something?

·
Rubber Neckin
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i cant believe the condition the bench seat is in either and its really comfortable!
The day i went to look at it i was really hoping the interior wasnt going to be red!

So i changed the fluid in the tranny today
changed the engine oil and filter
removed the aluminum running boards

Tomorrow Im going to change the valve cover gaskets, the driver side is leaking pretty bad.
Any suggestions/ tricks, or is the job pretty straight forward.
Should I use felpro gaskets?

·
Trailer Trash...
603 Posts
Felpros are fine, My main suggestion I have is to put a dab of RTV in the bolt holes before you put the bolts in, Ive seen several IDI's that leak from the bolt holes, but no where else.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts