1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
South Atlanta white trash
495 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fabtech is the only company i have found (RCD, Donahoe, CST) that makes lifts for the 05 style front ends in 2wd, none of the above. Pro Comp makes a 6 inch but my suspension guy T&R performance in simi valley (he had his truck in diesel power a while back) said that the newer fabtech stuff isnt bad like the old stuff was and is better then procomp. he said that the old stuff had really stiff shocks and springs and especially in their A arm kits they would have problems with bushings and strain on stock parts. but since like the past 4 or 5 years they have got a lot better and he has not had any come back..especially he said on the superdutys. and its not like im jumping it anyway lol

i made sure to get the radius arm relocater kit and better shocks. it was like an extra $600 but it should ride a lot smoother.

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
Are sky-jacker lifts any good? I was going to buy a 6" lift by Sky-jacker from a shop here where I live for about $800 I think is what it was only 2 weeks used. Then changed my mind and ordered TS chip and gauges. Are those lifts any good? Was thinking of looking into them again this coming year.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Are sky-jacker lifts any good? I was going to buy a 6" lift by Sky-jacker from a shop here where I live for about $800 I think is what it was only 2 weeks used. Then changed my mind and ordered TS chip and gauges. Are those lifts any good? Was thinking of looking into them again this coming year.
Don't mean to de-rail this but...Isn't the reverse shackle with Superduty leafs from Sky Manufacturing a better way to go on the OBS than a Fab Tech or Superlift? I'm just saying that's what I see alot of the OBS guys are going with. :confused:

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Save your stock stuff.

I remember how excited I was when I first lifted my truck and then again when I made it higher. Like a kid in a candy store I was.

7 years of rising fuel prices and having to back my truck up next the curb in front of my house up to two times per day to load/ unload it has dampened my enthusiasm a bit. If your truck is just a play thing then maybe this won't matter to you.

I'm in the process of lowering my rig right now and I think I'm MORE excited than I was when I lifted it.

So, save your stock stuff.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
6 inches isnt that big..and since i have a gas card through my work and am allowed 3 to 4 fill ups a month i am okay with it :rockon:

pts pics will come, i had to wait on tires and next time he has an appointment to do it was on the 2nd...so the night of the 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts