Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Got Boost?
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive done some minor mods like gut the epbv valve and pedestal. 6.0 intercooler, guages, 1.0 turbo housing, and ive finally got a ts chip but i havent intalled it yet. thinking about sending my chip to beans to get custome tunes and while im at it get thier idm module, d66 turbo and 160cc injectors. my truck only has 61,345 miles on it so i know its not even broken in yet. for the past year or so i have been running around town and towing with the edge evolution programmer and i can tell you it sucks, the shift points are so horrible sometimes i feel like my xmsn is going to fall off below my truck. i want to be sure before i order injectors 160cc and get beans tunes put on my ts chip that my xmsn will be able to survive, and what mods can i do to the transmission to make it hold up without replacing the whole xmsn. any input would be great, and if anybody else has this set up on thier rig i would like to know what kind of horsepower and torque i will get to the rear wheels. thanks

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
BTS VB and a 6.0 Tq converter. Geting the largest trans cooler you can get for starters

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
A better HPOP to replace your 15deg would also go nice with that combo.

·
Registered
448 Posts
well you have a shift kit already, so yeah like a 6.o torque converter....what temps are you runnin? cuz honestly you should be running pretty low.....

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
well you have a shift kit already, so yeah like a 6.o torque converter....what temps are you runnin? cuz honestly you should be running pretty low.....
pretty low? I have got my trans temp up to around 180* just hotrodding it but driving normal it stays around 150*, but since the previous owner bypassed the stock trans cooler it would heat up in the summer while I was parked or sitting. In my eyes the more cooling the better.

like Tom said invest in a better HPOP even if its a used one out of a 99.5-03 7.3. Also like obswiz said 6.0 converter and a v10 or 6.0 trans cooler, the stocker wont cut it, I had just some autozone special trans cooler but I will be upgrading the first chance I get.

·
Registered
448 Posts
lol 180 hotrodding and 150 cruising is pretty good........... i mean yeah the cooler the better but cooler doesnt always equal stronger components

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
lol 180 hotrodding and 150 cruising is pretty good........... i mean yeah the cooler the better but cooler doesnt always equal stronger components
Maybe not stronger components, but the ones that are in the trans will like you much better for a much longer period of time.

·
Registered
448 Posts
yeah but im sorry, 150-180 is not an issue.......lol ask any HD truck trans expert about 150-180 and they will say "hell thats pretty good for hot rodding/towing/4wheeling/hills"

·
Registered
448 Posts
^^^^ agreed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts