Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the super chips flashpaq for my powerstroke and i am running the stock transmission will this tuner mess it up at all or am i in the safe if its not on performance or can i run it on performance. could someone tell me some stuff on it please

·
original "REZNECK"
630 Posts
any chip that does not adjust tranny shift points and such can do damage yes. not familiar with the flashpaq but i would assume it does not adjust your trans.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it says that is adjusts shift points and it does shift harder now. so idk

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
If you can swing it I would sell it and get a custom tuned chip from one of the sponsors like Gearhead, Swamps, DI, PHP and others.

The super chips isn't "Bad" just there are a LOT better out there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i like it it does have a hellof alot more power over stock. but until i can get the money together for a zf6 conv. or have a good trans built for me i think its just fine for now. don't want to push my luck lol.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
yeah i like it it does have a hellof alot more power over stock. but until i can get the money together for a zf6 conv. or have a good trans built for me i think its just fine for now. don't want to push my luck lol.
With a custom tuner comes more power but also better tranny tuning to hold it together better.

If you do a shift kit or a VB on a stock tranny with the right tuning you wont have any issues with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what shift kit would be a good one. and are there just trans tuners out there. my superchip does change shift points and what not though i talked with the guy at dunks and he said that it increases pressure and what not.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Trans-go makes a good shift kit.

Just take out word for it and get a custom tuned chip and ditch the superchip you will be WAY better off.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
With a custom tuner comes more power but also better tranny tuning to hold it together better.

If you do a shift kit or a VB on a stock tranny with the right tuning you wont have any issues with it.
:whs: John Woods or BTS valvebody for around $225.00 IIRC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.