Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went ny to fl and averaged about 19.3 at 72-75. At 65, for 300 miles, i got 20.9. This is hand calculated. The difference is my new php 80dd. I gained an additional .5-1.0 over my previous program.

·
Registered
691 Posts
lucky bastard! im getting 9 city 11 hwy have no idea whats wrong. truck runs great 350-400 miles to 38 gallon tank mixed driving

·
Me Likey Ford
173 Posts
If you have the truck listed in your sig, then there is no question as to why your mileage is so bad... 5" lift, 37" tires... I see no mention of new gears or anything. You're pretty much bang on for mileage with those kind of mods.

·
Registered
744 Posts
on my 97 7.3l i could average 18mpg, with 35s but my gearing is 4.10s and i have to baby it....., but my dad has a 97 psd it was stock with an edge ez and i pulled 25mpg with it, but it has 3.55 gears and i was babying it alot lol it about how you drive it and how hard you hit the skinny pedal

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
lucky bastard! im getting 9 city 11 hwy have no idea whats wrong. truck runs great 350-400 miles to 38 gallon tank mixed driving
Seems a little low. My brother has Crewcab Shortbed 7.3l with 6" lift, 38x15.5x20 tires and 3.73 gears. 4x4 etc. has stage 2's and Matt's tuning.

I think he averaged 13.5 to 14 mixed highway/some city driving.

With winter fuel it hurts fuel economy also, or at least from my driving experiences it does.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Not that much :poke:
I'd think he could pull off 13-15 if he can keep the egt gauge at 450*F LOL
or at least try to.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Best I ever got on 37's was 18 mpg, but it was a consistent 15-17. No towing, spent 90% on the highway with stock gearing.

Nice work Clyde!! That is some pretty good numbers!

·
way out here
22 Posts
got 17 the other day running with the traffic on i45 btween dallas an houston ........ like 80+ i aint crying about that at all

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Got 19.8 once with the gf driving in the mountains, same drive with me was about 17..........hmmmmm

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Is that actual mileage, is your speedo/odometer corrected? Or it will always read low cause your not recording enough miles!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
Does anyone know when they swith from winter blend to summer blend? I bought my truck last December so all my mileage reflects winterblend fuel:( which I hear stinks for mpg. Truck is completey stock but now adding a afe stage 2 intake so that ought to be fun:) So far the best ive got is 13-15 on winter blend highway only and around town mostly and some highway like 11 mpg and while plowing snow 6-8 but atleast im getting a return on that tho lol any suggestions to improve mpg other than dave whitmers theory "you must change gears" ??? Any help would be great

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
around here we will have blended until may 15th, unless you go to the big truck stop to fill up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got 28mpg on a 60 mile trip to d.c.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is ironic to see this thread come back up now. I just got back from my NY-FL-NY. On the 3 calculations I performed I got, 19.96, 21.3 and 19.3. The smallest calculation had 400 miles on it. The others had significantly more than that. I am extremely pleased with that mileage. This is with stock tires. The 19.3 was on the way home in the Carolina's and I was hitting about 75 most of the time. The other times I was going about 70 miles per hour. So, just dropping the speed a few miles per hour gave me a pretty nice bump. I was in no hurry and was amazed at the mpg.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got 28mpg on a 60 mile trip to d.c.
that short of a trip leaves alot of room for error. Not all pumps click off even close to eachother, atleast a 1/2 gallon difference is expected and a 1 gallon difference is normally accepted.

But yeah I call BS too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts