Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I sold my 6.4 which was in 8 lug magazine a few months ago and finally pulled the trigger on a 2014. I got a grey loaded lariat every option possible.

My local diesel tech who worked at the local dealership is no longer there. So im SOL on having an Inside guy work on my tuned and deleted stuff.

It has 200 miles on the truck and im just wondering how long before I tune and delete it? and id rather just disconnect the egr then pull it all out in case of a warranty issue.

FYI my 6.4 was built with studs and everything else I just am now slowly switching over to learning about these new trucks there awesome the little bit I have messed with them so far

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I remember when this forum USED to give people good insight

·
import basher
486 Posts
I noticed a slow to no response time on this site also. Personally, I wouldn't wait to do the deletes. I waited and the few problems I had were dpf and egr related. Sure it was covered under warranty, but it's the down time that sucked. Deleted, and now better mpg and zero issues.

·
Onward, Upward, Forward
169 Posts
Nick, congrats on your new truck. Seems like everyone on the net who has deleted these trucks has awesome results. No more urea, no more regen, awesome mpg's, yada yada yada. I haven't deleted mine because my local dealer is not mod friendly and I bought the extended warranty with my '13. So far after 15k I am still loving this truck.

Post some pics of your truck! Sounds like it may be the same color combo as mine (Sterling Gray/Black interior, Ultimate package, etc..)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I deleted mine at 12k. I just unplugged mine also and have yet to have a problem.
Aren't u from jersey??? If so I can put in a good word at my dealership in south jersey. Service manager is my buddy's wife.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No bud. Im from central florida. but i appreciate the input fellas. I remember when i used to post a thread and had responses in minutes lol i just gotta get the name back out there. I appreciate it guys.

·
Onward, Upward, Forward
169 Posts
I think he was talking to me as I'm from NJ too.

Guys on PSA know a lot about these trucks and even have a few builds going. Definitely some good info there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.