Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad FICM, ICP Sensor and harness, and number 8 injector.
Alright dealers start placing your part quotes!

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A factory authorized ford dealer. The best part is that I took it in for a transmission issue. They told me they wouldn't diagnose the trans until the motor is fixed. I obtained a copy of the estimate and diagnosis and declined repairs.
Here's the codes that were pulled.
P0500
P2285
U0155
P0730
P2703

What do you guys think?
Im on my way with a gooseneck as we speak to the pick it up.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Tell your tech to put a VSS in it.

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Long story short. I bought the truck 2months ago, along with a 2400 dollar warranty.

The truck was towed in which cost me 150. Diagnosis was 150I due to the repairs not being covered. Then it cost me another 150 to get it back home. So im at 450 with a truck that wont shift out of third and only goes 30mph.

I would love to have a second opinion done but I can't keep blowing money and not getting anywhere. This truck is my business and my office. Its too expensive to have sitting for too much longer. This is driving me nuts Haha.

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Pm me and if you got the truck I can hopefully walk you through your own diagnosis and help you out. Phone conversation would be best.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Who's warranty did you buy? sounds like the typical aftermarket warranty......

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have seen everyone of those parts go "bad" but NEVER all at one time.... and as far as the trans? does it have reverse or just straight stuck in 3rd?

·
Registered
507 Posts
hey buddy i just got done with a 6 litre doin sum crazy stuff like that> what im bout to tell you may sound dumb but... go buy a roll or two of alum. foil and rap the engine wiring hareness and see it it fixs or helps anything the alt. sends off a radio fen.that will mess with stuff sometimes. the one i was workin on wouldnt shift and run like crap. a old man told me to do it hell i thought he was nutss too but it worked. its cheap and timesteaking but its worths a shot

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: I had a friend tell me to check my grounds. He did some dot connecting and we realized none of these problems started until I tried a few 15psi 4wd launches. Could a loose ground cause this?

I still have reverse yet the truck rocks/shakes pretty bad in reverse like its got a huge cam in it. Had a buddy look underneath while this was going on and he stated that the driveshaft was torquing in sync with the truck.

If the ground idea sounds plausible to you guys is there a diagram of ground locations to use as a checklist to look at?

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it!

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who's warranty did you buy? sounds like the typical aftermarket warranty......
Century is all I can think of right now. I don't have the paperwork handy its in my truck outside.

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have seen everyone of those parts go "bad" but NEVER all at one time.... and as far as the trans? does it have reverse or just straight stuck in 3rd?
I've got an in cab video of it driving but its over a minute long and this droid wont let me email it or send anywhere. In third gear it'll only go thirty or forty at about 3k rpms and you can feather the pedal and it almost feels like its in neutral.

·
mroutlawoffroad
301 Posts
4wd launching your work truck what a tool!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts