Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got myself into a brand new 2010, 6.4L Extended cab, long bed F250

I had the same configuration in an 05 and loved it, went to a tacoma and crushed it, and I'm back to a big boy truck.

Anyway, I got the XL model, but it had the seat upgrade, the power upgrade, and the stereo upgrade. Everything else is plain, simple and fool proof, which is perfect, and rubber floors can't be beat.

Plus I can pick and choose any updates I want to do and do them cheaper then dealership....
on the top of the list

15% tint on all 5 windows...it's too bright in there.

Alarm with key fob (bc power was options need key to unlock) and auto start. They are cheap as dirt and will be easier to install with no factory system to bypass.

Update the head light assemblys. I hate the ones i have, the little square ones, but I have seen the nicer ones on Ebay for 150 a side, and I love the black grille, and bumpers..

New Tool box for the back...

and eventually check out CAT and DPF delete but not sure if I want to torch my warrenty just yet..

bad pic but here it is..

·
82 Posts
Real NICE... get some rims and it will really shine.....

i just ordered a SCT touch and exhaust for my buddies 09 6.4 today..... im saving the exhaust to put back on if need be....
i would love to get a 6.4.......and i like the way you think on all the extra stuff

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crew cab would have been awesome, but not needed. I hated the tacoma cause it was way too small, and Replaced the rear springs 2 times for over loading...I occasionally have my daughter in the car, but there is plenty of room in the extended cab...so for the most part its just me.

I got it 11K understicker. ANd I am much happier with no options. 16" rims vs 20" rims...ill take cheap tires. Overhead console with compass, oh no, I guess with out that ill be lost, except for my tom tom and my two GPS enabled phones, and a pocket map, screw it. Carpet? as soon as i get carpert I get the rubber cover, so now I have a rubber floor.

It's a great rig

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Plain and simple. Not for me. But some people like it. I'm sure you'll like it though. I don't think I've seen a person on the foums that dont

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Congrats man!

I rock an 08 CC/LB 4x4 XL truck. I dont think I will ever buy anything else but XL from now on, I LOVE IT. Just get some wheels/tires and you are good to go.

Ohh yeah, and a Spartan and delete pipe.........:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea Ill use these tires till they need replacing and if I find a good deal on nicer rims, Ill put them on.

I always loved the fully loaded cars, and I drove the XL and i wasn't missing anything.

Like the carpet, I HATE CARPET, im alwasy in the truck muddy, and it gets filthy and I don't have it in me to keep in clean so F it

The Extras, foglights? 80$ OEM replacements of Ebay, switches cheaper on ebay. headlights cheaper on ebay..

Do they make upfitter switches for the 08-10. I know they had them in the 04-07. that would be nice.

The SCT or sparten voids the warrenty INSTANTLY, and ill save everything but I think Im gonna let it run stock for a while.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Yea Ill use these tires till they need replacing and if I find a good deal on nicer rims, Ill put them on.

I always loved the fully loaded cars, and I drove the XL and i wasn't missing anything.

Like the carpet, I HATE CARPET, im alwasy in the truck muddy, and it gets filthy and I don't have it in me to keep in clean so F it
Me too, carpet is worthless
The Extras, foglights? 80$ OEM replacements of Ebay, switches cheaper on ebay. headlights cheaper on ebay..

Do they make upfitter switches for the 08-10. I know they had them in the 04-07. that would be nice. Yes, they do

The SCT or sparten voids the warrenty INSTANTLY, and ill save everything but I think Im gonna let it run stock for a while. No, it doesnt. It all depends on the dealer
Answers above in red.:D

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts

exactly. The XL with those options are same as my 99 xlt had (sans the cloth and carpet) so I'm fine with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts