Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just purchased a 02 rclb 2wd 7.3, the guy i got it from said it needs injs. i want to confirm this b4 i just go throwing parts at it so i will tell you what i have tested and tried!

when i got the truck home i hooked up my scanner (brick) and had no communication blown fuse, ok pulled codes and here they are
p1316 idm code detected
p0381 glow plug indicator
p1670 ef feedback signal not detected
p0500 vss fault
and this next code came up with a koeo test p1293 high side open bank #1
i have since cleared the codes and has not set another code iam assuming cause the truck will not start therefore will not set any dtc

so with all that i have swapped with another known good idm and no change
swapped a known good cps and no change, have also swapped a known good icp sensor and no change

when cranking on the truck to start it has a slight kick back every so often, truck acts as if it wants to fires it spits and sputters so it is wanting to fire, and yes i no its bad but will fire on starting fluid

i ran a injector buzz test and there was iirc 2 loud buzzes and the rest were very fant sounded alot weaker than the previous buzz test i have performed on other good running trucks, iam kinda new on diagnosing the motors so would like a little advice as i have received very good advice in the past from this site!

is there a easy way to test the injectors to tell if 100% bad, or not and is that buzz test just checking the electrical side of the injector and the the mechanical side of it?
thanx in advance for any help!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would swap with another idm

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also want to add when cranking ipr % was iirc 14, and icp press was over 600, and iirc icp voltage was 85, no smoke what so ever from exhaust while cranking! the idm that came from this truck is in another truck as of right now and runs fine!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Check the UVCH NOW!! I just had the same thing happen to me
I have an 02 with 164K miles
Truck was running really rough and throwing a few codes, IDM and other
Had IDM checked by Swamps-worked perfect. Swapped out UVCH with new one-driver's side and harness Truck is running perfectly again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts