Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
New F250 Smoker....
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
It has a over sized trans cooler with gages and EGT gage.... What is the highest temp I would want to see on the EGT gage? And how hot can the trans get also?
It has 4:10 gears with a Gear Venders O/D and the Edge programer is set in the first step. (40hp/ 80 torque) When I tow will it matter in temp weather I leave it
in the first step or if I set it to "Tow" setting and what is the difference?
Thanks,
Barn

·
Registered
853 Posts
Do not let the egts get to or above 1200 degrees. the motor can withstand 1200 but only for a short period few seconds anymore than that Ur gunna melt it down as for trans temps I wouldn't go over 190 mabey even less

·
Registered
853 Posts
I wouldnt want to go above 1100 but that's just me.

·
New F250 Smoker....
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I'll try not to burn it down.....
I'll be running a 9.5' cab over camper all the time .... sometimes towing my Early Bronco on a trailer. Total weight for both about 9500 lbs.
Here is a pic of my old gas motor GM truck...

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
Love the bronco man. If I wasn't driving a stroker I would be in a bronco those are my two favorite thing ford ever made

·
New F250 Smoker....
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rich. I built it in 1995 and it needs a little TLC after all these years.... It was featured (because of the unique Zolatone paint) in 4x4 Mechanix mag (no longer in business) in 1996.

Sandstone with cracks...... BedRock Bronco.... my name is Barney so.... I built another for a friend and did his in granite Zolatone. Here it is hunting in Montana..

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
Your work is much appreciated I love to see those old girls still looking great after all the years. I had a big body 87 that had 350,000 miles on the dash and was still ticken but the body rotted and the plate the body sat on was gone so the whole thing was resting on the back bumper. Sadly it was crushed at the junk yard

·
New F250 Smoker....
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't work on ground ups for people anymore but still sell parts and Bronco's. The F series trucks were much better to live with and more comfort but I like the old ones just because all my brother-in-laws have jeeps and I need the smaller foot print.

Thanks for any help as I'm just getting into diesels and have a ton of questions. I guess from what I have learned so far if I want to keep the trans alive then dump the program and get a chip..... And even though I do not want a loud truck a 4" exhaust should help keep the EGT's down better if I see them getting to high.

I'm putting on a quad Firestone airbag system with wireless control right now so I can get the camper back on it and make it's first shakedown run around the first of June up north.....
What is the quietest muffler I can get for a 4" system???

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
more than likely the stocker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts