Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good evening everyone,

just bought a 2005 F-350 with the 6.0 powerstroke engine, has only 79,000 miles on it. truck looks and runs like brand new. just hope this engine is not going to be a constant headache!!

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
get on top of the things you can do as a preventative asap if they haven't already been done. EGR delete, blue spring kit, 6.4 banjo bolts and coolant filter kit. I would also flush the coolant system and get the oil and filter changed stat. congrats on the new truck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am fully planning on changing the oil and filter within a day or 2 even though the dealer i got it from changed it. I run Amsoil in everything and going to order a couple cases of their diesel oil tomorrow

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Congrats and what they said

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
think i will have to research the blue spring mod and banjo bolts.... otherwise looks quite typical of what i usually do with any recentelly aquired vehicle except if it is new

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Plenty of threads on here on both good luck. 6.0 is the best sounding diesel I think ever made.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so far so good... actually i am impressed, it got down to 15 degrees last night and since i forgot to plug the damned thing in, i was pleasentally suprised when it started right up. let it run for maybe 10 minutes while i went into the house and let my doberman out then came to the starbucks for coffee and to play with the computer a little bit. my work wont start until maybe late february or march this year but when it does get started it will be violent and nasty. (i chase tornadoes for work)

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
Congrats on the truck, I think mine is awesome. If you're gonna keep it several years you're gonna want to take care of few things to make it more reliable and live longer. That is if it hasn't been updated.

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Lol all jokes aside if your a storm chaser I would highly recommend getting the bulletproof kit done so you have a strong reliable truck and don't fall into any issues while on the job. They are great fast powerful trucks though love mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some of the best video comes from unintentional tornado intercepts when the tornado intercepts the chaser. just look at mike beetes from the weather channel el reno videos from when he got intercepted by the violent ef-5 in el reno oklahoma, only had to get a few steel plates put in and a steel rod in the leg.but he got the best video of the day

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nothing beats the sound and smell of a diesel on a -3 degree morning in chicago. best smell to wake up too in the morning, too bad the newer diesels dont smell like the older ones do, my friend has a 2013 vw jetta tdi and it is almost silent even when it is below zero and no smell....he is missing out on all the fun

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also if my idiot neighbor doesnt quit parking his cars by my house i will be putting the diesel in my driveway as close as i can get it to his bedroom window the next sub zero night and let it run all night

1 - 18 of 18 Posts