Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Just an update

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  BilletGarage 
#1 ·
Well, as some of you know, I sold my hybrid sho injectors due to the insane amount of fuel they flowed. My elevation and that kind of fuel just didn't get along. Made great power, it was just too much for what I use the truck for.

I put in a set of DDP b-codes with some decent sized nozzles and just got my tuning back from Jody. Truck runs awesome! Man Jody is good at what he does. For just a shot in the dark, he got this tuning almost spot on. :D

The truck is more streetable now, smoke is a little tamer, along with the egt's. If I had to guess, I think I'm probably 30hp lower with the b-codes. If I lived at a lower elevation, I'd never even thought about getting rid of those babies. The sho's were a great injector, just too much for my daily driver :(

Overall I'm much happier with the streetability of the truck and all seems to be well right now. The injectors and turbo seem to work great together. :D

PS-If anyone wants to experience the sound of a 747...install an AFE filter in front of a GT-42R. Holy whistlin dixie batman :eek:

#5 ·
JW- I'm just curious, did you have Jody try to re-burn for your elevation issue with the SHO's? I figured that would be something he could tune around. Sounds like you have a pretty good set up, when do you get a chance to dyno it for comparison SHO vs. B-code?

I hope you're not a duck fan:poke:

#7 ·
Jody live tuned the sho's in california and planned for the elevation when he did it. With this big turbo and those big nozzles, the lag was just too much to overcome. Talk about a smoke show!

The truck ran awesome in California after he tuned it. Just wasn't very street friendly once I got home. The smaller b-codes (it weird to use b-code and small in the same sentence :D) seem to work really good. I'm happy with it:ford:

#8 ·
What nozzles did you get from DDP?

#11 ·
yea it is boring, but not as boring as STOCK!!! LOL

In time i will be a little higher. i will be doin my fuel system in the fall when i get home. and hopefully not long after than some type of oil system, havent decided which direction and then injectors, most likely hybrids. then of course if my tranny stays together, i will address that after or when needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.