Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been posting and getting great info for swapping an SD 7.3 into my OBS, and need a little more advice. I still need exhaust for this rig, any suggestions? Can I use a 4" DP with the SD turbo? Anything I should fix/change/swap (for cheap) before I drop the motor? Good vendors for gauges, exhaust, injectors? Also need help with injectors, what would be best for an auto, that tows ALOT? Also screwed with the injectors, no cores in the new motor, any ideas? Thanks in advance for all the help

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I would swap in the sd motor but I wouldnt do the turbo unless its not a stocker. you wont be able to run a 4"dp cause of the firewall....... either get out a BFH and sawzall or do a body lift.

best auto would prolly be a BTS. or if you have a local trans guy that knows what hes doing and will warrenty it.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I would stick with a OBS downpipe and weld on a SD flange if you want to run a SD charger. If you have good OBS complete turbo/exhaust set up that would be simpler.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to use the SD turbo/intake setup to simplify plumbing the intercooler, so an obs dp and a SD downpipe flange? Will a stock flange be OK? cheaper than buying a newone just to cut it up. Also thinking about TomS's fuel system.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
If you can weld, then yes, cutting the SD flange and putting it on the obs downpipe and just running your exhaust would be the cheaper way to go.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, new problem. Dropped the bottom end in and have a bind/noise in 7 and 8, thinking a bent rod or misaligned bore, any thoughts? just a slight "clink" on rotiation by hand, and the rods bind as they're coming around the top of the crank circle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts