Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so currently blowinsmoke7.3 is setting on a tractor, but he sent me a few photos earlier that he wanted me to post up for you guys to laugh at, so please feel free to post up carnage pics you have from you broken machinery or feel free to tell a funny story about it

i beleive he said the tractor was pulling a mulboard plow

by the way myles, it looks like its also about time to give it a good wash job, u got n oil leak man, possibly from the side of the injection pump

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
That's a John Deere for ya.:evil But what caused the spliting??

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a typical breaking spot on that series of tractor, it probably had a loader on it at some point that stressed the frame and it finally gave way, looks like maybe it has done this b4 in the exact same spots, and with the rough terrain its covering isn't helping the matters any

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
What model??

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Thanks for posting Dillon. Yeah it needs a good wash job and some maietence but she's miles away from the shop. After looking at the tractor it looks like it already had a hairline crack in the frame and someone tried welding it back hence the block in the picture.

I guess the strain of a 6 bottom plow was too much for the ole 4850 lol
I guess the strain of th

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting Dillon. Yeah it needs a good wash job and some maietence but she's miles away from the shop. After looking at the tractor it looks like it already had a hairline crack in the frame and someone tried welding it back hence the block in the picture.

I guess the strain of a 6 bottom plow was too much for the ole 4850 lol
not a problem at all man, u can pick them frame rails up at the dealer for a pretty decent price, a good machine shop could build a BA set of rails though

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yeah boss man went to the dealer this afternoon idk much more than that though

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dang, was there an oversized loader on it before?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I'm not sure? We bought the tractor used. No mention of a loader on it from previous owner

there was another pic I sent him that shows the whole side of the tractor if he would post it up y'all could see that it would take one HELL of a big loader for it to be oversized

·
Registered
361 Posts
That is not a hard fix, it does get fun when all the bolts break off...and are rusted in with bovine loctite.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Just how hard is it? Gonna start RR tomorrow

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Damn that sucks. We broke the 3rd Bar/Top Link on our 8410 JD last year...

·
Registered
135 Posts
My old Case 970 doesn't have these kind of problems:poke:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My old Case 970 doesn't have these kind of problems:poke:
Prolly cause all the cases are sittin in the barn watchin the deeres work lol

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Prolly cause all the cases are sittin in the barn watchin the deeres work lol
no there in the field still runnin while ur workin on you yahn dear, lol yes i work at john deere but thats only cuz this sh*t is always broke, i bleed red sorry :pointlaugh: the frame rail replacement is a peice of cake with an overhead hoist or a frame, do one rail at a time and make sure everything is secured b4 u take the rail off

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL thats for shure
the only reason i work at deere for the real reason is because it pays substantially higher than any of the other dealers, but it f'n highway robbery, my boss it tryin to tell me it costs him 65$ n hour to have n the shop is the reason he pays me 17$ and charges 95$ which if f'n ridiculous

·
Registered
20 Posts
the only reason i work at deere for the real reason is because it pays substantially higher than any of the other dealers, but it f'n highway robbery, my boss it tryin to tell me it costs him 65$ n hour to have n the shop is the reason he pays me 17$ and charges 95$ which if f'n ridiculous
You will se some day that he knows what he is doing, you are making a fair amount for the hourly rate charged.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts