Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do yall think of their aluminum cold air intake for the 99 and up 7.3L and 6.0L? jobeperformance.com (if you havnt heard of them or seen them) :poke:

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL
But they make a great intake system though.
My point is because of whitey(my truck)and her boldness, they are going to use my truck to develop a intake for the OBS fords. Im pretty stoked to be honest. My truck will have the first ever produced by them!

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dads only question was
"how would you change the fuel filter? I mean who would have thought of putting an intercooler in the way of basic maintenance?"
:pointlaugh:

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I wouldnt allow the prototype to even sit in the bed of my truck.

doesnt look to be that hard to make an intake system like theirs lol

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
LOL
But they make a great intake system though.
My point is because of whitey(my truck)and her boldness, they are going to use my truck to develop a intake for the OBS fords. Im pretty stoked to be honest. My truck will have the first ever produced by them!
I highly urge you to stay away .

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eh, im goin for it. I dont have to deal with making it. Im glad to see some input on his products. Seems much loved. LOLLOLLOL
I got a S&B intake and S&B helped develop thier filter. Hell S&Bs filter flows 99.41% efficient @ 651 CFM and Jobes is 99.33% efficient @ 1400+ CFM (both trapping down to one micron.) Its not really a prototype filter. Just a box. Why not help out by getting free goodies.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Eh, im goin for it. I dont have to deal with making it. Im glad to see some input on his products. Seems much loved. LOLLOLLOL
I got a S&B intake and S&B helped develop thier filter. Hell S&Bs filter flows 99.41% efficient @ 651 CFM and Jobes is 99.33% efficient @ 1400+ CFM (both trapping down to one micron.) Its not really a prototype filter. Just a box. Why not help out by getting free goodies.
UUUUUUMMMM OK cheif go for it !! Your going to ditch the S&B for a Joke setup??

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
so your gonna cut a hole in your hood? how are all the electrical connections gonna hold up being rained on all the time? no thanks.

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, but S&B helped develop Jobes filter. I do care about my truck and i understand what yall are saying. The only thing ill be basically changing is the assembly. Ill report back to yall on if I make a mistake or not. I bet all will be well.
Show whitey some love.

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so your gonna cut a hole in your hood? how are all the electrical connections gonna hold up being rained on all the time? no thanks.
I know. And we are talking about the intake not the intercooler..........:poke:

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Yes, but S&B helped develop Jobes filter. I do care about my truck and i understand what yall are saying. The only thing ill be basically changing is the assembly. Ill report back to yall on if I make a mistake or not. I bet all will be well.
Show whitey some love.
I'll show whitey some soot is that good enough for ya !! :D

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
if your just doing an intake, may not be so bad, btw why does he have pics of racing bikes when I click the 7.3 and 6.0 link?

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope ya dont mean nothin harmful by it but ill take it soot=love(parcially)

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
if your just doing an intake, may not be so bad, btw why does he have pics of racing bikes when I click the 7.3 and 6.0 link?
cause all his years of racings bikes makes him a expert with diesels. . . . I mean really who else would cut a giant hole in the hood for an intercooler when heat rises?

·
#2 diesel only
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now you now know, Mr. Jobe races motorcycles. and that means great diesel performance LOL

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
cause all his years of racings bikes makes him a expert with diesels. . . . I mean really who else would cut a giant hole in the hood for an intercooler when heat rises?
someone too lazy to put it where it belongs:doh:

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
So much for rocket science LOL !!

Got a question for the OP does this Jobe dude have a black 6.0 excursion?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts