Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. new to this site.:wink:

i have a 1995 f150 2wd 4.9 e4od and when i bought it a year ago it shuttered like mad at various speeds, so bad that it felt like the dashboard would fall off. i added instant shudder fix and shudder almost went away but the shudder is still there, but very very very much minimized. because i hear that instant shudder fix can be a temporary fix, just today i picked up a e4od from, i was told, a 1993 f150 351 engine. maybe i can check both trans for part numbers/etc?

my questions are... will it work in my truck? will i need to swap the solenoid pack from my 1995 trans into the 1993 trans? i'm also concerned because some say in my95 ford made some other wiring change to e4od. tcc?

i'm especially hoping Mark Kovalsky Former Ford Trans Engr. will chime in as i am too new to mssg him directly :frown:

and it seems i cant post pics either :frown::frown:

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,075 Posts
I believe that if it came from a 4x2 truck that it will bolt right in. You will need to swap in the 1995 solenoid body and probably the Transmission Range Sensor (TRS) on the side of the trans.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this guy has 3 videos and claims he put a 1993 e4od into his 1995 4wd truck successfully. swapping out the 2 items mark mentions above.

youtube.com/watch?v=LWUgt3kGHDY&t=147s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts