Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Jerk while drivi g

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  CowboyMoyer66 
#1 ·
Howdy y'all my dually jas been doing this since I got her running 3 to 4 months ago all ready put 10k miles on her, whats my issue I'm having is thw truck jerks back and forth while going 60 to 75 down highway, I'm getting sick of it, I changed computers, I have changed all 8 injectors twice, I have changed turbo, new fuel pump and up sensor, Idk where to begin with this jerking. I have check the oil in the IHOP and its fuel

#3 ·
What kind of a jerk? Steering, tires, or engine? I have never heard of a jerk in the engine.

If it is the engine you need to pull the chip completely out of the PCM don't just put it back to stock you need to eliminate it from the PCM and then start troubleshooting

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

#9 ·
when you say broken valves do you mean broken valves or broken/collapsed valve springs?
I have a '96 F250 having the same issue. 1800rpm is my magic number.. anything above or below (for the most part) is ok but land in that rpm and it will throw you out of the seat. My dad gave me the truck, it has a DT power chip and I've considered removing it. Sometimes I have a loping idle at startup and flutter the throttle and it goes away but rolls white smoke. No fluids are low or mixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.