Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
PSN intsigator
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I should do a little update. Started out a few weeks ago to shim my injectors. Got the right side done then moved over the the left. Thats when this whole project went to sh!t. Saw oil dripping out of 2 and 4 exhaust ports so I went back to the right-side and saw it on 5 and 7. So in a mater of 30 minutes I went from shiming injectors to pulling the engine. Got it all disassembled and found the timing gears were 2 teeth off. This explained so much, the excessive black smoke and lack of power when towing..

It sure was nice having my service truck here to do this

·
Native Texan
9,095 Posts
Well I should do a little update. Started out a few weeks ago to shim my injectors. Got the right side done then moved over the the left. Thats when this whole project went to sh!t. Saw oil dripping out of 2 and 4 exhaust ports so I went back to the right-side and saw it on 5 and 7. So in a mater of 30 minutes I went from shiming injectors to pulling the engine. Got it all disassembled and found the timing gears were 2 teeth off. This explained so much, the excessive black smoke and lack of power when towing..

It sure was nice having my service truck here to do this
Welp all those smoky burnouts caught up with u i guess.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
PSN intsigator
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No burnouts, bit smokey is an understatement. It would put most gay azz durges to shame. I really hated that. My other 2 don't smoke at all. Well my other 1 now since my nephew came and got Jezebel

21 - 23 of 23 Posts