Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
3541 - 3560 of 3578 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,543 ·
Well kiss my rabbit!! I never expected to find this. Every component in the system changed out except the lines and the evaporator.
Wood Gas Cylinder Musical instrument Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,545 ·
And it is freezing still. I hope like hell the new compressor isn't breaking down.

·
PSN intsigator
7,469 Posts
Evap freezing? Either you don't have the air flow through it, bad freeze switch or wrong amount of freon in the system

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,547 ·
I am not sure if the evaporater is freezing. If it is, I have to take apart everything in the bottom.

I did put in an auto adjusting orifice. It doesn't seem to stay frozen.

·
PSN intsigator
7,469 Posts
So what is freezing?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,549 ·
So what is freezing?
The only visual I have is the coat of frost on the accumulator and the lines to the evaporator.

The other sign is that less and less air flows from the vents until there is next to nothing.

However, I haven't had time to give it a good test, yet. I drove the Tundra to Tucson since she hasn't had a good run lately.

·
PSN intsigator
7,469 Posts
The only visual I have is the coat of frost on the accumulator and the lines to the evaporator.

The other sign is that less and less air flows from the vents until there is next to nothing.

However, I haven't had time to give it a good test, yet. I drove the Tundra to Tucson since she hasn't had a good run lately.
Is there water still dripping from the evap drain. I'm betting your freeze switch is bad

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,551 ·
Is there water still dripping from the evap drain. I'm betting your freeze switch is bad
Freeze switch? Is that the one one that screws into the accumulator? It's new.

·
PSN intsigator
7,469 Posts
Freeze switch? Is that the one one that screws into the accumulator? It's new.
No, the freeze switch is in the evaporator fins and tells the compressor to turn off to keep it from freezing. The one on your accumulator is a high low pressure switch

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,553 ·
Okay, how do I get to the evaporator. From what I see, I have to take everything off from under the dash. :(

·
PSN intsigator
7,469 Posts
Ya, it is a pain! But you should be able to find a 2 wire probe. When evap is freezing it should have no continuity and when it is not freezing it will have continuity

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,555 ·
Ya, it is a pain! But you should be able to find a 2 wire probe. When evap is freezing it should have no continuity and when it is not freezing it will have continuity
Thanks! That will be next on my list.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,556 ·
End result- the orifice tube was blocked by crap and freezing up the system.

Please understand, my AC guy and I have been working by the book .... but ... the compressor died after everything was working marvelously.

So, I was okay putting on another dryer and tube.

Now, it is feeling up again... the failed compressor means it needs a flush.

Given y'alls input. I didn't want to, but he said the failure point was people not purging the solvent for 45 minutes.

So, I will do this again. Research backs up his statement, as does the piece of leaf matching the previous one. Flushing for the win!

Wood Gas Cylinder Musical instrument Metal

This was last time, but it froze up by two hours again.

Reactions: JustAFenceBuilder

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,557 ·
Well, I thought it was the garbage from the original compressor failing that was mucking up the works.

Today, The compressor seized up on it.

What the Hades is with the @$$^& parts these days? 🤬

·
PSN intsigator
7,469 Posts
Well, I thought it was the garbage from the original compressor failing that was mucking up the works.

Today, The compressor seized up on it.

What the Hades is with the @$$^& parts these days? 🤬
They made in china

·
don't play well w others
4,903 Posts
All that crap was still in your hoses. The compressor is rotory
No room for all that crap. Came to a screeching halt

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
PSN intsigator
7,469 Posts
You did flush all hoses and components separately and in reverse flow direction, right?

3541 - 3560 of 3578 Posts