Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

3421 - 3440 of 3481 Posts

·
don't play well w others
4,693 Posts
Not sure on zf6. Zf5 is a different case goes to the transfer case adapter and case. The co.puter is different. Pedals are different. Wiring harness is different......drive shafts are different...
I am fighting that battle on one of my builds manual to automatic
It's a lot to figure out

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
237 Posts
manual it automatic is a biatch. auto to manual is a lot easier. just jump the neutral safety switch, move the reverse wires to the switch in the trans, and get a 4X4 trans. the computer will think the trans is in neutral and engine will run like normal.

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Leveled, 5” exhaust, ww38, 6637,
163 Posts
manual it automatic is a biatch. auto to manual is a lot easier. just jump the neutral safety switch, move the reverse wires to the switch in the trans, and get a 4X4 trans. the computer will think the trans is in neutral and engine will run like normal.
Will you still have Cruise control?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,426 · (Edited)
Guy that owned it says it has a 5R100 Transmission. Thoughts on that?

Of course, he thought he bought it in 2000, but it was exported to Canada from the factory. It came down to the US in 2002 and he bought it August 2002, says Carfax.

His wife has a better memory.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,428 ·
Reactions: JustAFenceBuilder

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,429 ·
Ouch. This thread says no . . .

·
don't play well w others
4,693 Posts
I have a 5r100 in my 06 e450. Love it. Great transmission. Tow haul is bad azz on those.
I think they started in 06 tho, not sure.
I forgot about the hump in the floor for the zf. That has to be there. You won't get a zf in a automatic truck. It sits 5" higher than an automatic.

Tom and I have another friend put a zf5 and bw 4407 transfer case in a 67 truck. He not only had to butcher the cab, but took a big chunk out of the frame too

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hardon for manuals.

Keep the 4x4 a auto, keep the truck you have, sell the toyota

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,434 ·
Yeah, but that foot long 3 speed was bullet proof. Especially when compared to modern stuff.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but why take 2 running trucks apart? Did I miss something?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Because I built the engine in one truck (99)! I really wanted a crew cab but could not find one over two years looking. The 00 4x4 is a plus. The lift kit on the 4 x 4 is not. I don't like lift kits. The axles are the issue, not the body.

The 00's engine has near 300k miles.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,435 ·
So, if I swap engines, I can rebuilt the 00 . . . or just pull the 00 and not use it. . .

·
don't play well w others
4,693 Posts
Keep them all. Never can have too many trucks!

·
don't play well w others
4,693 Posts
Sure. Truck stop special

3421 - 3440 of 3481 Posts