Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

3401 - 3420 of 3481 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,403 ·
Another can of worms? or one in better shape?
Go for it!! 😁
all these trucks are a can of worms. Just depends on how big of a can of worms we’re talking about.

Go for it Jax!
Do it, do it, dooooooo iiiiiiiiittttttt.
Don't be scared @Jax. God hates a coward :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
This is un-freaking-believeable.

I have friends I used to work with that are in Tucson. I saw the truck for sale because she shared in on her time line. I forgot her daughter's name . . .

So I contacted Samantha and asked questions. She said it was her dad's truck so she'd have to ask him I said I knew Terri and Michael and thought they would vouch for me . . .

So I wrote Terri and said would you vouch for me . . . That is my daughter and that was Michael's before he got the new (Fancy-assed 2020 F350) . .

So, one owner, a great mechanic, 7.3L, 4x4, crew cab, . . . . and I'll find out the rest tonight. 300K miles. I offered $10k sight unseen . . .

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Registered
899 Posts
Just a fair warning, most mechanic's vehicles has tons of little problems that don't matter wrong with them, but zero major problems

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,405 ·
Just a fair warning, most mechanic's vehicles has tons of little problems that don't matter wrong with them, but zero major problems
Yeah, I know. Like mine. I still haven't fixed the dome light, because . . . little.

Reactions: 1970something

·
Native Californian
559 Posts
Is it a manual? Autos and towing give me the heebies.

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Leveled, 5” exhaust, ww38, 6637,
163 Posts
Im of the opinion that on these older trucks, they aren’t being sold if they are immaculate and have zero problems. And if they do they have an obscene price tag on them.
Is it a manual? Autos ans towing give me the heebies.
Stock? Yeah. I’ll agree.

But if you can get a good tuner to set the truck right (mostly on the trans side) then it’s not bad at all.

But no matter what you’ve gotta be a driver. That’s where I’ve had the most problems with my Ford 7.3 is I have lots of miles that built habits with a LS-family Chevy gasser.

2 different beasts there could not be.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,408 ·
Im of the opinion that on these older trucks, they aren’t being sold if they are immaculate and have zero problems. And if they do they have an obscene price tag on them.
That is where I am very lucky. I know the people that owned it, and the daughter is selling it because they need the money to move and don't need the truck.

Since mom & dad gave it to daughter, I don't think there were problems.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,409 ·
Y'all know, I need another truck like I need a hole in my head! :rolleyes:

I have repairs / Improvements to do on my travel trailer so it's all-season, too. :oops:

·
don't play well w others
4,693 Posts
You should pass it on to me. My Eddie Bauer broke today. Now I'm 4 down. The line is getting longer. I think Tom is talking to them at night. Convincing them to take a break

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
don't play well w others
4,693 Posts
well, if you would hire a mechanic that knew what he was doing, they may not break down.
Yeah. Well. I can wax good tho. This is the door on the Eddie Bauer

·
Registered
163 Posts
Y'all know, I need another truck like I need a hole in my head! :rolleyes:

I have repairs / Improvements to do on my travel trailer so it's all-season, too. :oops:
You sound like me when I passed on that Dually in Uvalde. No more projects until I get a shop.

It was the perfect donor for a manual swap though.

·
don't play well w others
4,693 Posts
My problem with all the donors, they usually look pretty good, so I end up keeping and fixing them up too.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
My problem with all the donors, they usually look pretty good, so I end up keeping and fixing them up too.....

this one was pretty rough. Had 300k on the clock and had been cobbled together for lots of miles. Probably could have put $10k-15k into it before it was rock solid.

But the trans shifted smooth as glass, and it was 4x4 so it would have been pretty simple to swap the trans all over to my F350

I just don’t have the time.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,416 ·
The 00 truck is an auto and 4-wheel drive. How hard would it be to put my power train in it? :unsure:

·
PSN intsigator
7,367 Posts
The 00 truck is an auto and 4-wheel drive. How hard would it be to put my power train in it? :unsure:
For what you have done so far, easy peasy

·
Registered
163 Posts
Through Beer and welder all things are possible. And I suggest you jot that down.

I think the biggest hurdles will be:

figuring out if you ought to convert your ZF6 to 4x4, just get another ZF6 that is 4x4 or if you go divorced transfer case.

Figuring out the wiring, meshing the two wiring harnesses will be the second.

·
don't play well w others
4,693 Posts
Far as I know pull your motor and stick it in there. Plug and play. 99-02 1/2
Pretty sure some changes along the line, but nothing you can't overcome. Someone else will chime in I'm sure

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,420 ·
What about the manual transmission? If this is an auto tranny in the 00, will my manual tranny convert to 4WD?

Okay, I should have searched, first. Reading threads. Sorry. I'm a bad girl.

3401 - 3420 of 3481 Posts