Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2921 - 2940 of 3137 Posts

·
don't play well w others
4,640 Posts
To be honest Jax, full coverage commercial insurance on my E450 is cheaper than my full coverage F 350

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
857 Posts
My buddy has a few semis, something like 25-35k a year for over the road insurance. Anything that is not a semi is actually ok on insurance costs.

The real costs and problems is dot compliance, it's gotten to the point where a company has to hire an extra person to review log books and send them back to drivers to fix them because they were filled out "right". You would think electronic logs would solve that but they don't, just a coat somewhere else, and there's people like me that are exempt from electronic logs or people like me that don't buy a truck newer than 2007. You can literally buy a more expensive older truck then most newer trucks.

So jax remember what you are going through, your not alone people fix up these old pickups all the time because older trucks are better and cheaper than newer trucks because of regulation.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
And for the sake of argument, let's say you do get a cdl and a dot number, then not only do you have to worry about compliance, and the record keeping, but you also have to pay highway use taxes, and another layer of records, both subject to random audits by different departments, then the drug test requirement, have to be in a random drug test consortium of some sort to comply, and now you have to do a drug test inquiry on each driver every year in the federal database, even if you are doing it on yourself.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,924 ·
I interrupt this CDL lesson for a mundane question on troubleshooting the Blend Door Actuator.

While stuck in the frozen hell, I bought a new one and it didn't work. I put the old one back in and propped open the Blend door. Hey, it worked.

Could not find the new one I bought, so finally got mad enough to buy yet another.

It does not work.

How the <blank> does one test the actuator? This is what I have:

Reactions: heavydoc

·
PSN intsigator
7,288 Posts
I interrupt this CDL lesson for a mundane question on troubleshooting the Blend Door Actuator.

While stuck in the frozen hell, I bought a new one and it didn't work. I put the old one back in and propped open the Blend door. Hey, it worked.

Could not find the new one I bought, so finally got mad enough to buy yet another.

It does not work.

How the <blank> does one test the actuator? This is what I have:
View attachment 203885
It looks like battery voltage at 7 and 8, and lesser than battery voltage at 3,4, and 6. I would guess that the lesser voltage wires will put the blend door in a different position.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,926 ·
I'm afraid that all these electrical problems source back to the fuse box / GEM. I think I shall jury-rig until I can get home and pull it.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,927 ·
Wow . . . Sometimes, it pays to spend a little more

Reactions: BBslider001

·
Native Californian
544 Posts
Wow . . . Sometimes, it pays to spend a little more
I thoroughly enjoyed this and learned a few things. Thanks Jax!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,930 ·
Service engine light comes on when climbing a hill at near 80mph. No DTCs. 3 times now. Ideas?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,932 ·
Now my speedo quit, then started, just bouncing around

·
don't play well w others
4,640 Posts
Abs sensor in the rear. Trans will start shifting funky next

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,934 ·
And ABS light is on.....

·
don't play well w others
4,640 Posts
Yup. East fix. Pull the harness 10 mm nut, pop the old one out, put the new one in hook back up

Wait. We're talking your truck.
It'll break off, and you'll have to pull the cover plate and drive it out with a long 1/4" socket extention

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,936 ·

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,937 ·
Throwing p9238 dtc

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,938 ·
I begin to think this truck does not like I 10 to and from San Antonio.

·
don't play well w others
4,640 Posts
Having a hard time finding that code from my phone. Maybe when I get home later on the laptop..

A replaced abs could be bad, or a connection, or wire issue.try clear the code and see what it does

2921 - 2940 of 3137 Posts