·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,141

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,142
Well, that sucks. Still does not show where the "canned tunes" are!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,143
I think I figured it out. You put in the Hex code for your PCM, and the HydraFlash software goes to the server and pulls down all the tunes available for that PCM.

·
Administrator
8,310 Posts
Yep. But since you have hybrid injectors, you need special tunes. You can pay $150 for the aftermarket injector library which I think is a hell of a deal. Or I believe it's that much. It's been a while since I checked on it.

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,145
Yep. But since you have hybrid injectors, you need special tunes. You can pay $150 for the aftermarket injector library which I think is a hell of a deal. Or I believe it's that much. It's been a while since I checked on it.
Sigh. Power Hungry said that with the HPOP and injectors and exhaust and turbo, they cannot recommend the tunes library.

·
PSN intsigator
7,015 Posts
Contact jelibuilt

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,147
Yep . . . maybe when I have some spare funds laying around. . . . :LOL:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,148
Amazon keeps recommending a steering damper. I watched this video, and I don't have one. I'm confused. Is it perhaps only for 4-wheel-drive?

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,630 Posts
do you have a need for it?
the one on my 04 4X4 has been disconnected for as long as i have had it because it is bent.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,150
do you have a need for it?
the one on my 04 4X4 has been disconnected for as long as i have had it because it is bent.
I don't have a 4x4, and I do not see how one may be mounted. I'm guessing it never had one.

No need . . . just checking since I do not find it in the book. I'll be buying new shocks this month.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,151
Difference in the Bilstein 4600 and 5100 shock absorbers???

There seems to be nothing different?

EDIT --- Amazon lists them for 4WD . . . is that it?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
4600s are generally for those with a stock suspension, stock tire size, and don't do much off road. The 5100s are for lifted trucks, heavier than stock trucks, larger tires, people who offroad, etc. The 5100s do ride a bit firmer than stock, but that was VERY welcome as my stock shocks weren't sufficient.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,153
Bringing up the P0475 again . . I had it confused with the Air Intake Heater Plug Code P0541 .

I did not have this code at first. It has come up in the past few weeks - maybe 100 miles?

The only things I have done different is tried a couple of the other tunes on my hydra.

Should I replace the sensor? I read that the sensor problem could cause the PCM go to the lookup table and cause poorer performance or worse mileage. I do not quite understand what function the back pressure sensor performs, now that the control valve is eliminated.

I'm reading also that I should jump the pins across the sensor plug with a 470-ohm resister. Your thoughts?

Well, dang it, I have a P0475 code and an oil leak around the harmonic balancer. :mad:

Isn't the EBPV delete wire supposed to stop the P0475? Or have I got my codes backwards? Or could it be something else?
P0475 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Malfunction".
Yes -- And since I deleted the EBPV, and have the fuse wire to "fake it", isn't that supposed to turn off the EBPV code? It disappeared when I installed the wire . . . forgot from where I bought it. Now the code is on again.

I clear the code with my CTS2, and it immediately comes back. I am SWAGing that the fused wire went bad, or something else is wrong. It is the "something else" I worry about.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,154
I'm also reading

p0472 will be for the sensor unplugged and p0475 will be for ebpv solenoid unplugged. Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,155
I'm beginning to get my memory back. I left the EBPV on the harness to not get this code. Guess I'll have to slap a resister in . . .

Reactions: tjctransport

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,156
ARRGGHHH! I have some GEM Diagnostic Codes . . . and the probable causes to ALL of them are

Faulty [Insert Circuit Name] Switch
[Insert Circuit Name] harness is open or shorted
[Insert Circuit Name] circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty [Insert Circuit Name] Control Module

What an incredible "DUH!" . . .

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,157
Oh, great . . . I have a C1223, ABS Left rear wheel speed sensor!!! :eek:

·
Registered
798 Posts
The truck that just keeps askin'? ;)

Cj

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,159
Not too unexpected . . . but that rear speed sensor looks like a major PITA. ;)

I just wish I could find some decent troubleshooting on the electricals.

·
Administrator
8,310 Posts
It's only one bolt and it's in the middle of the axle on top. Should be easy peasy. Most likely it just has metal on it.

2141 - 2160 of 2187 Posts