·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,101

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,102
I don't know why it took so long to get around to checking my fuel filter after the tank clean
and mods, but . . . .
Happy dance!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Nice!

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,104
Good morning, PSN! What does this PowerStrokeHub table mean "7.3L calibration increases horsepower and torque"

I cannot find anything about that.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Jax,

They changed the fueling tables in the PCM to allow for a higher output.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,106
Jax,

They changed the fueling tables in the PCM to allow for a higher output.
So does the tuner chip change that? I am guessing it would.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,107
Also, when "they" say injectors are 200/30% . . . Is that 200cc and . . . 30% more volume over stock?

·
Registered
946 Posts
The tuner "overrides" the tables and fuel mappings that are loaded on the PCM. And yes 200/30 injectors are just that 200cc (I think this number is over 10 shots or maybe 100 shots) with nozzles that are 30% larger than stock.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,109
Thanks, CJ, you're the Bomb!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,110
Well, dang it, I have a P0475 code and an oil leak around the harmonic balancer. :mad:

Isn't the EBPV delete wire supposed to stop the P0475? Or have I got my codes backwards? Or could it be something else?

·
Administrator
8,850 Posts
P0475 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Malfunction".

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,112
P0475 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Malfunction".
Yes -- And since I deleted the EBPV, and have the fuse wire to "fake it", isn't that supposed to turn off the EBPV code? It disappeared when I installed the wire . . . forgot from where I bought it. Now the code is on again.

I clear the code with my CTS2, and it immediately comes back. I am SWAGing that the fused wire went bad, or something else is wrong. It is the "something else" I worry about.

·
Administrator
8,850 Posts
that i can't answer. but as for it coming rite back, it is now considered a historic code by the computer and will show until the truck goes 80-120 miles without the active code popping up.
once the truck goes at least one code cycle without the code showing as active, the historic code status will clear itself.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,114

·
Administrator
8,850 Posts
i did not know it either until i got my 2014 and i chased a historic code for 4 months before realizing i had bad cats.
my 02 never threw any codes in the 12 years i owned it, so i never knew that fact.

·
don't play well w others
4,379 Posts
It takes 60 key cycles to erase a code

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: tjctransport

·
Administrator
8,850 Posts
60 cycles to clear historic Charlie?? on the 11 and newer trucks it is 80-120 miles.

·
Administrator
8,850 Posts
Charlie, if it fits, it ships. rite?
it fits.jpg

·
don't play well w others
4,379 Posts
Lucky man/woman there. Back in the 70's I was next truck on the scale when that happened to the similar truck as that.
He was pulled up for first dump, they opened the chute
Didn't close. First dump is front of bed so it filled the cab. 480* asphalt. Yeah, killed him on the spot.

The day before, he had his kids in the truck with him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,850 Posts
i don't understand how people panic when that happens and do not just pull out from under the hopper.
when a liner dropped in the chute on me i slid it in gear and pulled out, with an almost perfect load. as the other 225 ton in the silo poured out melting all the control wires, and heater tubes dumping 2000 gallons of heating oil all over the place. . that one shut the plant down for four weeks and cost close to $350,000 to repair/clean up the mess.

2101 - 2120 of 2357 Posts