Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1881 - 1895 of 1895 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,881
I still am not sure that something isn't right - once warm, the steady 666 rpm fluctuates from 640 to 680. Yes, a lot less swing, to be sure, but I still wonder. Of course, there is probably air in the oil rails.

I changed the fuel filter and will watch it like a hawk. In the meantime, I will use up fuel and drop the tank probably by the end of next month.

·
PSN intsigator
6,607 Posts
I still am not sure that something isn't right - once warm, the steady 666 rpm fluctuates from 640 to 680. Yes, a lot less swing, to be sure, but I still wonder. Of course, there is probably air in the oil rails.

I changed the fuel filter and will watch it like a hawk. In the meantime, I will use up fuel and drop the tank probably by the end of next month.
I wouldn't want nothing in relation to 666, just sayin!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,884
I wouldn't want nothing in relation to 666, just sayin!
Ha! I'm riding State Route 666 up N. AZ with a bunch of Legion Riders this weekend!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,886
It will be! Temps over 100 every day this week, on a road full of hairpin turns. Fun, but a little challenging.

·
don't play well w others
3,994 Posts
She was/is in the army... pretty sure she can teach you some new words.... and then there are sailors :p
Maybe you should correct someone you know. NOT ME> You took that out of context. If you want to pick on a member, probably I am a bad choice. Cheers, have a good day. You get a pass for this one.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,890
Hiya, @Toybreaker !

Today's fun . . . Need to have the AC dryer and filter changed. Took it back to the guy who did the recharge since he didn't charge much.

The ol' biotch was in high form! Could not break the dryer's nut loose. He has serious tools and it just wasn't budging. He ended up splitting the nut. He said someone had probably used the compressor oil on the threads and due to its acidic nature, it crystallized and stuck the fittings like glue!

And . . . the orifice filter was as bad as I thought it would be . . . That brown spot is what is left of a leaf that was in there. OMG.. . . .

·
don't play well w others
3,994 Posts
Never ending surprises in that truck. I can't believe one person could abuse a truck that much

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Resident Curmudgeon
454 Posts
I did the A/C "rebuild" on mine back in 2014. compressor, condenser, receiver/dryer and orifice tube....... Still blows ICE cold....

Tell ya something, I miss Az.... especially the winters.... But that dry heat sure beats this nasty arse humidity, along with the east coast air force (mosquitoes....)
Loved going out after dark to see the saguaros in bloom and watch the bats feed on the flower nectar...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,894
During migration season, I leave my hummingbird feeders out and the bats feed from them. You can sit quietly on the porch and watch them come in. :)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,895
Never ending surprises in that truck. I can't believe one person could abuse a truck that much

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I look at it as, the truck survived that (those) abusive owner(s), so it is definitely tough! I expect to get at least a half-million miles out of it.

1881 - 1895 of 1895 Posts