Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1861 - 1880 of 1904 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,861
Question - searching for the pulleys for the tensioner - I find only this:

The tensioner seems fine - but do I have to purchase the whole thing? I cannot buy the pulleys separate?

The idler pulley was wobbly. The two tensioner pulleys, not really. I can tell, but not that bad. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,862
? No thoughts?

HPOP won't arrive until Tuesday the 25th. Dang it.

Tried to take off the turn signals to reach the lights. One of the screws stripped. Is NOTHING simple? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,864
Jax... I just repeat "Nothing is ever easy" to myself when working on stuff like this. ;)
I keep repeating )(&^%$#@ and @#$%^& . . .. .

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,865

·
don't play well w others
4,003 Posts
Yeah. I needed a tune up. Look at it now

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts
This project started as a simple head lamp replacement. But an unfortunate succession of stripped fasteners, loose wiring and rust made it a much larger job than expected......

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
don't play well w others
4,003 Posts
This project started as a simple head lamp replacement. But an unfortunate succession of stripped fasteners, loose wiring and rust made it a much larger job than expected......

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Dont forget the bad muffler.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,870
I have to admit that drilling that screw took an enormous amount of time. All that plastic around, just trying to get broken. However, the mirrors are wired and wires are run . . .

Except for the wires from the right mirror through the dash and into the left door. Such a pain in the kiester

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,871
I suspect I have about 24+ manhours in wiring up those mirrors. Can you imagine what it would have cost to pay someone? o_O

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,872
I don't think I posted this here. How's it sound? (ignore the batt light, I fixed that.)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,873
Does anyone know a good source for the myriad of Ford screws that is in all the trim and such?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,874
HPOP arrived. I was a surprised at the condition of the gasket ... dried oil, both sides. I used one out of my set, instead.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,875
I was progressing wonderfully, getting everything in and connected. I had just screwed in all the fuel lines to the filter container when I realized I was ducking around the oil lines .. . . I forgot to hook them up to the pump.

Out came the fuel container . . . that added half an hour to the process.

(n)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,876 (Edited)
I pre-filled the oil reservoir. Then I jump-started the starter relay to be sure there was oil moving. The reservoir was about 3/4" from the top.

Then, I turned the key on to get the fuel up to the filter bowl so I could check for leaks.

Lastly, I sprayed diesel all over the top of the engine so I could wash it and the oil away.

Translation. I didn't get the filter top tight enough. :mad:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,877
The engine started when it was warm!!!!

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts
Congratulations Jax, my first thought on the gasket was what cj said.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,880
Yes, but it was so hard and dry, I didn't trust it. I couldn't clean it with a paper towel and fresh oil, so I went to the felpro.

Luckily, between buying the front plate, and the gasket kit, I had a spare.

1861 - 1880 of 1904 Posts