Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1341 - 1360 of 1403 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,341 ·
I wonder if I could rope it into place.

I can use two hands to get it up there, but I need a third and fourth to put the clamp on. Dirty, stinking, pipes!

I shall enjoy thinking about it while drinking my coffee and contemplating using my torch cutting skills to cut it into pieces!

• Helpful
Reactions: 1970something

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
On the 6.0 we usually have to use a tie down strap to crank it into place otherwise it pops off before we can put the clamp in place. I don't remember if you said it or not, but are all the bolts on the other side of the pipes loose? I've found that if I loosen the other side of the pipes the top usually cooperates....but if not, that cargo strap works every time.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,343 ·
On the 6.0 we usually have to use a tie down strap to crank it into place otherwise it pops off before we can put the clamp in place. I don't remember if you said it or not, but are all the bolts on the other side of the pipes loose? I've found that if I loosen the other side of the pipes the top usually cooperates....but if not, that cargo strap works every time.
Yes, all up-pipe bolts are loose. What do you tie the other end of the strap to? Hood is still on.

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Jelibuilt tunes, BTS trans
556 Posts
When I did the bungee I did one of the engine lift points, beside the pedestal, behind the Y pipe and then I think I hooked to the overhang over the turbo?

The second time I literally just reached over the turbo with my left arm, used my right arm to jiggle and it snapped into place. Held it with 1 hand while I put the clamp on with the other. It went so smooth that I am still worried my next project is gonna be a Train wreck

Ive always wondered if you could point the pin so it goes home a little easier.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,345 ·
Clamp is on! . . . .
Oh . . . Ffffuuu . . . .
White Passive circuit component Circuit component Gas Road surface

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,347 ·
Thanks, CJ;

I decided to work on my exhaust, instead. I have the Jamo for this one, too. Unfortunately, I forget which way the muffler goes on! There is a sticker on one end, with an arrow, but I don't know if the arrow means "front this way" or "exhaust flow this way". And of course, Jamo has no stinking phone number on their website! I'll get some pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,349 ·
Then this is the "exit of flow side" and . . .
Art Automotive design Font Circle Pattern

this is the entrance of flow side.
Water Eye Flash photography Mechanical fan Rim

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,352 ·
Damn, I feel so inadequate not finding that number.

Well, took everything apart, put it back together with gaskets, and spent two more hours not getting anything done. You cannot get much better alignment than this! It's just that stupid indexing pin not going in the hole.
I know about leverage, prying, bracing, and I just cannot get it to clock to get in the hole.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wood

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I've never worked on the 7.3. Does it absolutely have to be indexed? I get that it's there to make sure things line up right, but is it critical? I mean, I would imagine as long as you're within a few degrees and all the pipes line up and seal fine that it shouldn't matter. I'd probably grind the pin myself. lol

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,355 ·
I've never worked on the 7.3. Does it absolutely have to be indexed? I get that it's there to make sure things line up right, but is it critical? I mean, I would imagine as long as you're within a few degrees and all the pipes line up and seal fine that it shouldn't matter. I'd probably grind the pin myself. lol
It can’t get where the V band will close properly unless the pin lines up
The Y pipe has a split in it to make sure the exhausts are split and equal pressure. The index pin is what tells you have the splits lined up.
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Rim Hood Personal protective equipment

This makes sure the two exhaust pressures are working on the turbo vanes equally.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,356 ·
I've been watching videos of turbo installation. Those guys are cutting out scenes, I am sure!

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,357 ·
I bought these bellowed up-pipes because they have a port for the egt sensor.

Can I find the sensor I bought earlier? Nooo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,358 ·
I am doing my damnedest to not work on the turbo for a few days. This comes from laying on top the engine for hours . . . . (my right thigh).
Wood Gesture Finger Knee Thigh

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,360 ·
  • Sad
Reactions: 1970something
1341 - 1360 of 1403 Posts