Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1321 - 1340 of 1403 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,321 ·
I'm taking a break for a bit. Those stinking exhaust manifold to up-pipe bolts are giving me fits. First, the darn nut turned super easy! But it was rotating the whole bolt. All four of them of course. I don't have the reach for them, so I have been in a 'crunch' for the past hour. My abs hurt!

Maybe I'll take a nap. :)

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,322 ·
And working on the turbo and such . . . I keep falling off the radiator! I bet you guys don't have that problem!

Seems like my oil cooler is leaking. I cannot really tell, because I've missed half the bolts I've squirted. Ready, aim, miss! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,323 ·
Well, carp! I took a break because I didn't feel well. Must've eaten something that didn't agree.

Half the day gone and only 4 bolts removed. I still feel like poo. :poop:

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,325 ·
Wow, I've been Blessed! A few days ago, I was able to get back on my original account on Facebook. I have hundreds of truck pictures on there.

I was going to pull the Intercooler because of the oil in the spider boots. Lo and behold, there was a pic in the 00 that showed I'd already done it and cleaned it!

Save me work! I'm sure the new turbo and such will stop the oil going into the intercooler.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,326 ·
Hey, I noticed we haven't heard from @heavydoc since mid July. Has anyone heard anything?

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,329 ·
I am looking for a new CCV doghouse. Should I get one, or one of the aftermarket filter thingies that catch the oil?

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,330 ·
I am looking for a new CCV doghouse. Should I get one, or one of the aftermarket filter thingies that catch the oil?
OUCH! Never mind! Not going to spend $450 on that!

New doghouse.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,331 ·
Well, I just about called someone in a fit, because I could not get the bottom of the Y-to-turbo clamp to let go! I had the two top thirds loose, but just would come loose. I jiggle and yanked and . .

... and then it moved! Wait, what? The Y had pulled off the left up-pipe. And I had not even loosened the bolts.

Any, I beat the clamp into submission and got the turbo out, then pulled out the Y and the two up-pipes. That thing was leaking incredibly! The lip was completely gone on the left up-pipe.

Glad I am replacing all that!
White Blue Wood Art Gas

Wood Gas Pipe Auto part Metal

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
That one looks pretty good... I had a soot streak 5 inches down my Y-pipe :D.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,333 ·
Yikes!

I am thinking that I should stop, clean the valley and around the valve covers, and let it dry. Then tomorrow I will put on the new stuff. Since I don't have my gaskets and UVCH yet, it will make sense to do the rest of it.

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,334 ·
Hey, question for you guys -- I am being told that Motorcraft does not make a valve cover gasket with integrated under valve cover harness. I'd swear that Swamps sent me two of those in Motorcraft boxes.

Does Motorcraft make an integrated valve gasket with under valve cover harness?

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,336 ·
Part one. Had to come in and look up the Pedestal torque. 18 ft-lb, same as the turbo.
Motor vehicle Auto part Pattern Space Metal

·
Premium Member
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,338 ·
I had to give up. I've been wrestling with that Y and pipes for two hours, trying to get it to mate up.

I can get it flat, but not rotate to get the pin in. I have lucked out and jiggled it right, but then putting on the clamp knocks it all loose.

I have all the bolts in and started for max flexibility - except the turbo, of course. I am worn out!

Any hints, tips, etc?

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Jelibuilt tunes, BTS trans
556 Posts
It took me 3 hours the first time.

15 minutes the second.

If holding the Y pipe is wearing you out, might try running a bungee cord around it and have it pulling into the turbo.

more work to try a new position but it holds in place while you do things

1321 - 1340 of 1403 Posts