Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1241 - 1245 of 1245 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,241 ·

I meant to send this before. I forgot. These look kinda goofy and new age-y… but I’ve got one in my truck and love it for the dog. I just yoink it out when I need to haul people and everything is clean and nice.

Mine is a different brand and different colors, but looks eerily similar to this one.
I have one of those in the Tundra, but haven't got them for the Fords, yet. They have been out.

Reactions: JustAFenceBuilder

·
Native Californian
645 Posts
You are so right!

However, the "decking" was 1/8" luan, and sucked. So I am replacing with 3/8' and 1/4" fiber board for a smooth surface. I find the aluminum supports are rather weak in places, and so adding 2 x 4 supports inside and across. I am running more wires and updated RG6 cable.
That is awesome Jax. I wish they built them like this from the factory to begin with. One of our techs will try to do the same on roof replacemnets if the customer will pay, but they always want the cheapest. Luan sucks. Post photos if you can. Would love to see the work!

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Jelibuilt tunes, BTS trans
508 Posts
I’m shocked by how chincy some of this RV stuff is. I’ve been working on my mom’s motor home and the GF and I have been shopping fifth wheels, and it’s amazing the things I find in both.

In mom’s RV the wiring is so poor. I’ve rewired a bunch of stuff so that it functions. Everything that isn’t the chassis looks like it was made in China.

The chassis is awesome. Built like a tank, 8.3 Cummins, Alison Tranny. It’s a 43? Ft motor home and it accelerates like a car.

In the RVs, the floor flexes under me. Now I’m a big guy, 265lbs or so currently. But for how much they’re charging I’d expect it to be solid.

·
Native Californian
645 Posts
I’m shocked by how chincy some of this RV stuff is. I’ve been working on my mom’s motor home and the GF and I have been shopping fifth wheels, and it’s amazing the things I find in both.

In mom’s RV the wiring is so poor. I’ve rewired a bunch of stuff so that it functions. Everything that isn’t the chassis looks like it was made in China.

The chassis is awesome. Built like a tank, 8.3 Cummins, Alison Tranny. It’s a 43? Ft motor home and it accelerates like a car.

In the RVs, the floor flexes under me. Now I’m a big guy, 265lbs or so currently. But for how much they’re charging I’d expect it to be solid.
You're not wrong...at all. Newer ones are worse than older ones.

·
Premium Member
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,245 ·
Exactly why I have the 2007. I knew I had to do a lot of work, but it is a lot better than anything newer.

And why I have older trucks and am rebuilding them.

1241 - 1245 of 1245 Posts