Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
441 - 460 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
no one has commented on my idea of putting a 2" drop (leveling drop) track bar mount on it.

Problems? No idea?
I was sniffing around the interwebs looking at the aftermarket stuff, a leveling kit bracket with the slotted holes just might be close. Purely speculation on my part.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I'm just curious....are there no "pick-a-part" junk yards in your area where you could go and take the part off yourself? We have numerous yards like that and after checking there are several trucks in there which would have the right part....assuming no one else pulled it, of course. lol

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #445 ·
I'm just curious....are there no "pick-a-part" junk yards in your area where you could go and take the part off yourself? We have numerous yards like that and after checking there are several trucks in there which would have the right part....assuming no one else pulled it, of course. lol
No. We have only one junk yard in our area. There is Tucson, but it's 1.5 hours away.

Cochise County is very rural.

·
PSN intsigator
7,439 Posts
No. We have only one junk yard in our area. There is Tucson, but it's 1.5 hours away.

Cochise County is very rural.
Apache junction used to be very rural, now it is dam near a major city. Give it time you'll be in the middle of town before you know it

Reactions: Jax

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I just had a thought, and then verified it with a couple folks. Often tow companies get possession of really wrecked vehicles because the owner abandons them since the damage is so bad....and there is no lien holder. If it's trashed bad, the companies usually sell em for scrap to the yards for the parts. If you have any "small" tow companies around you might want to call and ask if they have any 00-04 super dutys they're planning on scrapping, and if so, could you pretty please yoink a part. Worth a shot!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 · (Edited)
Thanks, @Weatherlite - I'll give that a try.

New Question! WTF size is the wire from the right battery to the starter???

The clamp was cracked and the whole thing was a mess, so I cut the cables. However, the lugs I have are 2/0, and don't fit! It seems like it might be 3/0 or 4/0! It looks like more than 9/16" in diameter - cable only, not counting the insulation.

EDIT- The cable might be 1/2", but it's ragged. Anyway, I ordered some 4/0 battery lugs.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
Well, I got a little something done. Nothing is ever easy. :rolleyes:

Battery before. See that massive positive clamp? First, it was cracked. Second, there is a 4/0, a 2/0, and a 10ga all going into it. I cannot image what Ford would charge to replace that.

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Vehicle Gas

Battery after. Connecting the starter wire will be a while, until I get more 4/0 lugs in.
Light Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper

Reactions: BBslider001

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
The above all started because I wanted to change out the windshield reservoir as it was leaking like a sieve. Turns out, there was nothing wrong with it. The hose fell off. Oh, well; I have a spare.
Wood Brick Building material Brickwork Gas

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
Funny part was, I had some sort of after-market battery hold-down on the battery -- the lower one in the picture.

Guess what I found after I pulled the battery pan? :LOL:
Brown Wood Rectangle Grey Wood stain

• Haha
Reactions: BBslider001

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Awesome! Never know what you might find digging around.

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Leveled, 5” exhaust, ww38, 6637,
224 Posts
Jax, the full positive replacement cable (from driver battery across the radiator support to the passenger battery to the starter) is one piece, and I think the replacement, terminals and all, is $100-$150. It’s got a fusable link in it as I recall.

If you’re just replacing terminals, one possible upgrade is marine ones made of bronze.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
Jax, the full positive replacement cable (from driver battery across the radiator support to the passenger battery to the starter) is one piece, and I think the replacement, terminals and all, is $100-$150. It’s got a fusable link in it as I recall.

If you’re just replacing terminals, one possible upgrade is marine ones made of bronze.
I just don't like the lead clamps. They get torn up too easy. These marine ones are made of bronze, and I have them on almost all my vehicles. I like them better for connecting other things, like radios and solar charge panels.

Reactions: JustAFenceBuilder

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #457 ·
dig a little deeper, maybe you will find the stock track bar bracket.... 😁
I may have a line on one! There is a 2004 4x4 F350 that a yard just got! Tucson!

They still fit from that year, right? How would I know?

I use a big harbor freight crescent wrench for the fan. Then run a ratchet strap around the water pump pulley to add extra friction to the belt. Use a propane torch to add a little heat to the nut. Then place wrench on and wack the end with a hammer. Works fine.
This thing is killing me. Where do I find that ratchet strap?

Reactions: JustAFenceBuilder

·
Registered
992 Posts
On my 6.0 I use a air chisel to take off the fan

Probably any cheap junk ratchet strap will work

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Leveled, 5” exhaust, ww38, 6637,
224 Posts
I never could get a strap to work. I cut a piece of flat iron, drilled a hole and put a bolt through the hole and then it will not move.

441 - 460 of 530 Posts