Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for some upgrades and need some input on what to get next. I am really wondering how much more i can go and still be relatively reliable. Looking for more HP. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
What are you looking for, more HP, bettering towing, etc.?

Yard the hybrids out and but a set of BD's in, put a bigger turbo on and tune it to a conservitive 475-500hp to keep the OEM rods happy (unless you have billets?). You're gonna need head studs.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Well you are pretty much as far as you can go with stock rods. If you want more you need billets and a girdle and some machine work plus a bigger turbo or compounds.

Leave it be or bring BIG money for the next step.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually i thought i put quite a bit into it so far, approx 14k with the tranny and rear axle upgrade with what i have so far. I try not to add it up so its hard to put a specific number out there.

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
Well to gain a noticeable difference, its gonna require pulling the engine, spending over $4000 in hard parts to support it, plus alot in machine work.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much HP will my Forged rods hold. I Was thinking a girdle with Twin Turbos and bigger injectors or can i hone out my Hybrids. Also are Billet rods mandatory at 5-600 HP. 600hp is what i am shooting for.

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
theres really no set number but if you want to make darn sure there isnt viewing windows and run 500 to 600 all day i could say you should do rods... your stock forged ones might hold up to 550 and maybe 600 i think elmos did but at that point its starting to chance it IMO and would probably worth the money to buy good rods and not risk it having to rebuild with a whole new motor when one does let go

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I would change to a fluid damper, maybe a melling lpop since your there,
switch all your fluids to synthetic, ..... call it good for a bit.

not sure if anything would be gained or hurt , safety wise by playing with valve springs or such.

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
I am in the market for some upgrades and need some input on what to get next. I am really wondering how much more i can go and still be relatively reliable. Looking for more HP. :shrug:
Next step would require some engine work......I don't feel comfortable adding more fuel on stock rods. Too much at risk if the rod lets go....it takes everything else with it.

VAB has the same set up, but a 2nd ball bearing turbo and 530 BD's, and bent 4 rods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts