Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Alabama again on the 18th to jump out of a rickety 2 seater airplane...

I love free falling for 10,000+ ft at 122mph, then throwing the laundry out, and hoping for the best...

Then going to spent the weekend in Destin, Ft Walton, Niceville for some...:redspotdance:

Good times good times..

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
A jump from 12,500 ft, ait no hop-n-pop. A hop-n-pop happens at between 1600 and 2000 ft. You pop either way. Where are you jumping in Alabama, I learned in Bayou la Batre, Roy E.Ray Airport.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A jump from 12,500 ft, ait no hop-n-pop. A hop-n-pop happens at between 1600 and 2000 ft. You pop either way. Where are you jumping in Alabama, I learned in Bayou la Batre, Roy E.Ray Airport.
yeah,..I know...I was just using the terminolgy

I've been looking into skydiving. Never knew they had courses so close. Right here in Lumberton, MS.
The jump sight sucks,...the best one I can find that I like is in Alabama...it's a drive, but it's worth it.

Is there a weight limit on a parachute?? LOL
I jumped at 240lbs...dunno

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I have put out first time jumpers at over 300lbs. We had a member of our team that was close to 400 lbs. That dude fell like a manhole cover.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
LOL I can't wait. I GOTTA do it!
I was the first one to catch him in a two man formation. He was wearing a Balloon Suit, I was wearing a Skin suit. He was in a hard arch (going as slow as possible), I was in almost a no lift dive (head down, arms behind me, steering with my feet). We went into a cloud at about 15 feet of seperation, I caught him while we were in the cloud. The people on the ground thought it was done with smoke and mirrors. That was the shortest jump I have ever made from 9,500 ft.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just want to go through the classes. Once I get to solo, that's good anywhere right?
you can just walk up and jump tandem...no classes needed.....but If you want your very first jump to be by yourself, you'll have to take a class(5 hours I think)

Tank and Jap, one of the guys I work with his dad does skydiving/classes. If yall wanna know more just let me know. BTW its all in slidell.
I'm good...this isn't my first rodeo there scooter...LOL

BTW- I've been to the Slidell jump site(Skydive N'Awlins)...it suckkkkkssss.

I've gotten too used to going to nice jump sites,...so I'm kinda partial to the one in Alabama when I'm in this part of the country.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The people at Emerald Coast skydiving are the nicest I've ever jumped with,...the other places seemed to be run by dicks and dumbasses....I didn't feel comfortable with them.

And at Emerald Coast Skydiving.....this is one of the DZ's(drop zones)

Right on the beach....hop...pop....and crack a beer.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Is that you in the Rainbow rig, Tank?

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
Is there a weight limit on a parachute?? LOL
Before my buddy chicken out on me they told him that he could jump and at the time he was about 6'4" at about 290lbs. They told me as long as there body is proportioned they could jump. And I high recommend doing it, it's a blast.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Before my buddy chicken out on me they told him that he could jump and at the time he was about 6'4" at about 290lbs. They told me as long as there body is proportioned they could jump. And I high recommend doing it, it's a blast.
Sleeper isn't "proportioned".....he's more like "sections".....LOLLOLLOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts