Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got a chance to finish the install and after the first test drive, it ended up being well worth the PIA. Actually the second test drive because I had to limp home and put an intercooler boot back on after the first drive. I forgot to finish tightening the all the clamps. LOL! The Adrenaline did an outstanding job and Beans Tunes and Injectors were equally impressive. I haven’t fully reviewed all the AE Data but from what I saw from hpop gauge and quick glances at the laptop, there was definitely no shortage of oil for the sticks. Beans Tunes were great from what I got to observe in my limited test drives. They were not touchy, idled well, good shift logic and made good use of the full range of the accelerator. I didn't do a hot retorque on the studs yet to verify ARP's new torquing procedure base on using their Ultra-Torque Lube. I will post the results when I do because there were some people interested in the info from one of my previous posts. I installed new up-pipes using Beans brass donuts and they sealed up as designed but I'm curious about how long they will last compared to regular ones. The only thing yet to install is the Walbro Fuel Pump and that needs fast tracked because the factory pump is not even coming close to keeping up.
New parts installed over the last couple weeks:
Adrenaline HPOP
New IPR
Full coolant flush with 30 gallons of distilled water
Radiator
Radiator Reservoir Tank and Cap
6.0 Tranny Cooler
Fan Clutch
Water Pump
Oil Cooler
Every hose that holds antifreeze
Belt tensioner
Idler pully bearing
Belt.
Tranny filter then flush with Schaeffer Fluid before hooking the lines to the new radiator and cooler.
Swapped over to Rotella ELC
Isspro EV2 Fuel Press gauge.
Head studs
910 Springs
Beans Injectors 250/100's
DI Pushrods
up pipes with brass doughnuts
Walbro Fuel Pump is next

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Good to hear.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
NICE! Get some video. This is about what I want to do, and you just may be the inpiration. And what power level do you think you are at?

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I am curious you used a lot of distilled water doing the flush. Did you pull the block drain plugs when working on your flush?

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am curious you used a lot of distilled water doing the flush. Did you pull the block drain plugs when working on your flush?

Yea I pulled all the block drain plugs many times..... I just wanted to give it a very thorough flush because I was replacing about every part that held coolant and I was swapping over to ELC (red) coolant. 30 gallons was probably overkill, but at 78 cents a gallon I decided to be a big spender.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
We need to get both of our trucks down to Kennedale, see what they will do.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
that was going to be my next question, what was going on with the coolant system to require the complete overhaul?

got a lot done , and some nice upgrades need to get a rr system next...:poke:

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that was going to be my next question, what was going on with the coolant system to require the complete overhaul?

got a lot done , and some nice upgrades need to get a rr system next...:poke:
It all started when the top radiator hose neck broke off going down the highway. I had to replace the radiator because of that and since my tranny temps were running hotter than, I liked I replaced the v10 cooler with a 6.0 one. I replaced the fan clutch because I don’t think it was working right anymore and may have been the cause of the hot tranny last year. The other stuff I replaced based on the "since I'm in there philosophy" The water pump was fine and I wanted a clean new oil cooler because of the new injectors and hpop. I had high iron readings after a turbo failure a long time ago but they went down to normal after a few oil changes but I wanted to make sure no old stuff would break free of the old cooler down the road. Basically I spent money on unneeded parts to make myself feel warm and fuzzy inside. I bought the truck new and it has almost 200k on but it’s been paid for since 2004. I drove my neighbors 2011 6.7 a while back and it was nice, but not $60k nice, so I guess I’ll keep mine another ten years. It’s a third vehicle and I’m putting less 4000 miles a year on it now

By the way, I've had an ITP RR for about six years now. I recently upgraded it to the new style with the larger braided lines.

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We need to get both of our trucks down to Kennedale, see what they will do.
Sounds fun! I can hear the track from my house when there is a north wind.

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to get it out there and kinda see what it will do before Crandall.

Also might want to check out his Dyno day.

Dyno Day North Texas July 10 - Powerstroke Nation
I can't make it to the Dyno Day but I do want to go to Kennedale soon. First, I want to get Cale to reburn my old 4 pos chip for my new stuff so I can have two different chips to play with at the strip. I just got a new 6 pos from Beans with some good tunes but Cale has some good ones himself and he has been doing my tunes for the last 4 years. I now have two knobs on my dash and all I have two do is swap chips which I can do in about 30 seconds. It will he handy to have two chips so I won't have any down time due to single shots if I have to send one in for a reburn.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
That's what I plan on doing also. Looking for an old single position chip I can get Tony to burn for me.

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what I plan on doing also. Looking for an old single position chip I can get Tony to burn for me.
You can also get your whole PCM reflashed to run singles.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Yeah, I know. But once again, it's that down time thing. I have to drive this truck every day.

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I know. But once again, it's that down time thing. I have to drive this truck every day.
I understand. You may want to call TS direct and see if they can sell you a blank single pos chip.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I've got a couple of lines on them.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Great setup...
Be nice to see the diff between the v10 and 60 cooler.
What did you do with the ol v10 cooler btw ..

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great setup...
Be nice to see the diff between the v10 and 60 cooler.
What did you do with the ol v10 cooler btw ..
the v10 cooler still laying it the corner of my garage. I have noticed about a 20 - 30 degree reduction over the old setup. However, that may not be just due to the 6.0 cooler. I installed a shiny new radiator fan clutch and tensioner. Any of those under performing could have affected the tranny temp.

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
how does that 38r like them 250/100s?

·
Rented Mule
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how does that 38r like them 250/100s?
I've only driven it 30 miles so the jury is still out. I think it spools a little slower than I would like on the bottom end but it seems to catch up ok. It doesn't smoke very bad after the initial puff, but then again I am running out of fuel on the top end. My Walbro hasn't got out of the box and installed itself yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts