Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the regulated return installed today. It was 20* outside and I had to endure most of it because of this.......

During the install i found two things wrong. This is the tensioner bolt. It should hold a washer or something that keeps the tensioner in place. I'm surprized it didn't fall off. The belt must have been what kept it in place.

I pulled the thing apart and checked it out. The bushings in the tensioner and the shaft that rides on them are worn and grooved prettay good. I'll have to get a new one. For the mean time, I put a stepped washer on it to retain the tensioner but it's able to let the tensioner do its job without tightening it down. Anyone have a good dual pulley tensioner setup lying around they want to sell?

Next problem. I've seen a post somewhere about this sensor being bad when filled with oil in the connector. Mine was full and the connector is soaked. What is it and where do I get another for a fair price?

Anyways, the setup went in fairly easily considering the 20* temps and my back having issues climbing up and down from the truck numerous times. No leaks and everything fit well. It seems to idle and run slightly quieter because i can turn my radio down a number from where i usually keep it and it sounds just as clear and loud as before. The truck has a slight stumble or something in the idle but I'm guessing that's just getting all the air out of the system. I drove it for 10 miles today but it still does it. the throttle response "seems" a bit crisper but not by much. I have the pressure set at 62psi. I'm going to try up around 65-67psi and on to 70 to see what the difference does.

I guess I expected a bit more out of it but it's still better all around either way.

Here it is finished. I wish I had an oil pump setup to swap out while I was that far along. Oh well. Soon enough.

Dave

·
Registered
533 Posts
Should have let the air out of tires. To cold for me.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm stubborn and had lots of motivation. The wife and kids were gone for the day. We're looking for a new house up north where I'm getting stationed. One requirement is a pole barn or something that can accomodate the truck and my 29' travel trailer.

It gets colder up there so I have to thicken my blood up a bit more again. Sad part is, I was born in So Cal and raised in the high desert for the most part. I'm more used to this than my wife who grew up in it.

·
Snowboard season cometh..
274 Posts
That sensor is the ICP sensor. Best prices I've found (and stunning service!) from www.partsguyed.com

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
ICP sensor #F6TZ-9F838-A,if that helps ya any? ITP R.R. kit is awesome.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Looking to possibly put my itp RR kit in this weekend along with an adrenaline pump. Glad to hear the install went well...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish I had oil to put in with this kit. It was all out there in the open. Someday.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm on the hunt.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts