Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long but well worth wild wait my ITP fuel bowl delete is installed. Once again the quality is outstanding, a very well engineered product. I am surprised with just how much space the fuel bowl encompassed. Thanks again Dennis for a great product.

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
Can we get a picture of the actual part, see what it looks like.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
I should be installing mine this weekend, and I agree, it is a very sweet looking part that was really thought out well.

My only question is JMS1, doesn't having that return line from the drivers head going over the intake spyder make it kind of hard to get the spyder and turbo out without removing that fuel line?

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
Thanks Dennis. I have DIs regulator kit, back of heads are feed first. Can I use your fuel bowl detel with his settup and fuel lines?

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
If the #8 cyl is starved for fuel (crackle) way would he feed the front of the cyl heads instead of the back first?

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
The way I understand it, with the regulated return set-up you cure the #8 starving issue. So once you have the flow through design of a reg return it doens't matter how you feed the motor.

·
DI POWER
1,278 Posts
I always thought it was best to feed the #8 first because #6 starves #8. Maybe Dennis or Dave can inlighten on the subject.

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
I would think that feeding from the back would be better because #6 fres before #8 also. Changing the dead head problem to a flow through system would help with #8 problems.

Dan

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,171 Posts
Thanks Dennis. I have DIs regulator kit, back of heads are feed first. Can I use your fuel bowl detel with his settup and fuel lines?
Probably, but it won't be a direct drop in. You'll have to customize. I will be offering the bowl delete block by itself for those that want to make up their own...so you would be able to make up lines to feed the rear ports from my delete if you want.

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,171 Posts
I always thought it was best to feed the #8 first because #6 starves #8. Maybe Dennis or Dave can inlighten on the subject.
I would think that feeding from the back would be better because #6 fres before #8 also. Changing the dead head problem to a flow through system would help with #8 problems.
Once the rail is no longer deadheaded...and fuel is flowing THRU, flow direction doesn't matter. With the return system installed and check valves removed, your fuel rails are effectively extended in length from being 2 separate rails (check valve to dead head) to 1 long rail (feed line through each head and into the regulator)...kink the hose feeding one side and the pressurized fuel will come from the other (not that you would want it that way). The injectors firing order no longer matters because the entire system is full of pressurized fuel now...no more dead head.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts