Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I got my truck running, but it seems more laggy than I expected and I'm only pushing about 18 psi of boost.

Quick recap, I picked up this gorgeous 07 F250 with 137,000 on the clock and a blown head gasket. I pulled the cab and did head gaskets, studs, oil cooler, EGR cooler, blue spring, Warren 155/30 injectors and a KC Stage 1 turbo with the 10 blade (sounds incredible!). Running an SCT Livewire with Warren's tunes set up for that combo.

Took it out for a little shakedown run. I didn't run the wire for my EGT probe yet, so I didn't flog it hard. It seems to lag more than I would expect. When I did hit the pedal, I was in 2nd gear at decent rpm with some boost already and then floored it till it hit 3rd. Just a quick test hit, since I don't know where the EGT is at. 18 psi. Some smoke but not terrible. I haven't checked fuel pressure, but I would think if that was the issue it would not be smoking.

The truck sat for 3 years before I bought it. That's part of why I did injectors and turbo.
No CEL. It is not throwing codes, soft or hard.

What are the common places to start looking? What are the best practices for troubleshooting?

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,355 Posts
I've forgotten to hook up the map sensor hose to the intake manifold a few times....That's what I always check first now.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh that's definitely on. I know because the MAP sensor and bracket were missing when I bought the truck (I bought it partially dismantled) and I was going nuts wondering where this one damn hose goes! After I noticed 3 little studs next to the A/C box I did a little googling.

I've forgotten to hook up the map sensor hose to the intake manifold a few times....That's what I always check first now.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
aggiediesel01
17 Posts
How long has it been run since the first start? Sometimes it can take a good drive or two with moderately high rpms to force all the air out of the fuel and oil supply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the first thing I did was flush the coolant, so that was like 1.5hrs of mostly idling, a little bit of load (in gear, on the brakes, a little bit of go pedal to build heat), then dumped the oil and coolant. Then the next day I installed the coolant filter and filled everything up. Let it warm up, then took it on a 15 minute or so ride. Not going too hard on it since I hadn't hooked up the EGT gauge yet, but not babying it either.

Also, before putting the cab back on the frame, I hotwired the fuel pump and loosened the plugs on the back of the heads, then the banjo bolts to bleed the air out.

The oil is what it is, but the fuel should not be airbound at all.

How long has it been run since the first start? Sometimes it can take a good drive or two with moderately high rpms to force all the air out of the fuel and oil supply.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,088 Posts
I would monitor the ICP pressure and the desired ICP pressure, as well as the IPR % duty cycle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts