Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after goin round and round with a tuner, getting my truck reflashed,going round and round again with a tuner, I've come up with.... maybe I should just live with it. Very Frustrated through with this whole deal.

Got some supposedly hot rod tunes, truck still just falls on it's face after initial take off, puttin the hammer down from a 20 roll, it does absolutely nothing but make noise. Now mind you yes it's better than stock, and a little quicker too, but definately not this tire blistering 440 whp advertised power.

People are saying it's the tunes, even though they have been proven before, so I don't know, mechanically it runs perfect, never stutters,or smokes, etc.
I'm just real unhappy with the power. I guess I can pay for someone elses tunes, and see, but my feeling is, I bets it's gonna be the same deal. So that leaves there's gotta be something wrong with the truck, even though it shows no signs of running poorly. But then again, I guess not having the power it should is a sign of somethng. :confused::poke:

Not trying to be a cry baby, but Geese, I've been dealing with this for a long time.

Hoss

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
I havent had any problems with my tuner, i was on the dyno for 425 and 800 tq for dJ's looney tune.

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
I agree with UNBROKEN and LUBE.... something's up with the truck. I'm running Eric's Extreme Street and DJ's Looney and it's an 04 as well, it just cooks. What boost are you running? Do you see a spike or it fall? Are you building rpm's? Maybe it's a bad injector or 2 or something. I feel your frustration, I really do. Nothing is worse than a truck running like poopie. Who's tune are you running?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i'm on it, it boosts around 33 psi, I've always felt like it's a fuel delivery issue, it just feels like it's starving. I mean it revs up good, makes alot of noise, just doesn't go anywhere, I already changed my filters, so it's not that. So what would I do, go to the dealer and tell them to check my fuel delivery pressure,injectors??

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
I agree with the others on it being sa fuel problem. Kinda sounds like a gaser when the pumps are weak, lots of go on the bottom , but no high end. We have a guy here at the shop who had a 04 with a SCT 4" exhaust and K N N . That fricken truck flew, damn thing was scary fast compared to mine.

Dan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by the way I run the xtreme street and race by eric.
I just don't know how to approach the problem now, it doesn't throw codes or anything, so how do I communicate the problem to the tech. "hey, don't know whats wrong, but the trucks not fast as it should be"LMAO

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just did it a couple of weeks ago. Funny thing, now I know it's not running right, I just lost to a late model xtra cab, lowered,chevy SS. LOL that ruined my night, he had me by about a bumper.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Get it untuned and to a dealer ASAP.
They can log all the pressures and see what's up.
I can tell you this...if it is a serious drop in fuel pressure and you're out racing with it...you are destroying your injectors.
The use the fuel pressure as a cushion when they work...no FP = no cushion = you're gonna be injector swapping in short order.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I re installed my cat,exhaust,detuned it, and took it to my local Dealer, I know the guys over there, they always take good care of me, I talked to the tech, he said it definately sounds like a injection pump. But it's hard to say before looking at it.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Torque converter maybe? My '05 does pretty well just as you described and it's because the converter's on the way out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I talked to the dealer today, and they can't find anything wrong with it, Gee.... I guess there must be nothing wrong with it then. I got the old "we can't duplicate the problem line"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They talked to the Tech Line, and I guess they both came up with the HPOP, so they replaced it, and I got it back yesterday, and put the tunes on and it feels the same.
they said the checked the injectors, I wonder if they checked the fuel pump..

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Does it happen in every gear, or just 1?

Does it still smoke when your on the throttle heavy? (All the time, not just from a stop)

I know that when I never had a modified fuel system, my truck ran out of fuel on the top end.

Might be time to add a FASS or something else from one of the vendors here. (Your warranty may be shot then thou...)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts