Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RDRCM
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My checking account got hit with fraud overnight. I'm very anal about keeping my info concealed, shredding documents etc. I have mentally traced it to two possibilities recently. Both were handing my debit/credit card to the waitress to pay for lunch. The fraudulent transactions were both online transactions via pay pal using my banking account credit/debit card number. Just by luck I was balancing my account online this morning and noticed the two transactions, one being a $1.00 preauthorization, the other $23.86 which I later found was to buy online music. At least I stopped the bleeding @ $24.86, I used to only check my account every few weeks, and that would have wiped me out for sure. Looks like I'll be my old self and pay cash as much as possible again.

·
Laces Out
12,312 Posts
its okay...bank has to reimburse you for that....its their problem not yours. they will back charge whoever took the card, so the ultimate loser is the one who accepted the money.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
I found a $400 charge on a credit card. The credit card co checked the transaction and gave me a credit while on the phone. They could only tell me the purchase took place in VA.
I check everything at least once a week!

·
Registered
186 Posts
that sucks at least you caught it early

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
A friend just had his checking account cleaned out for about 3G's..

He just temporary moved down here for some training and had only used his Debit card twice since hes been here and they have been at resturaunts.. BOA called him and asked him some Q's, they said it was from NM and he will get the money refunded and have a new card and account

·
CSAR Bish
229 Posts
I personally dont like handing my card to anyone, all it takes is a few seconds with a camera phone, front and back and your toast.. Pay at resturaunts in cash or pay with a card AT THERE CASHERS STATION.. MAKE SURE YOUR CREDIT CARD CO. OR BANK HAS A REFUND POLICY

·
Wannabe
277 Posts
I was hit a few times in the past on CC's I had. One day I got a bill in the mail for a CC I had not opened. That one was a PAIN to clear up. The others were handled usually with one phone call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts