Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is what happen. I started noticing a vibration at highway speeds. (70-78mph) I thought another tire was giving out. I recently had a front tire go egg shape on me due to the steel belts inside coming apart. So, when this new vibration started getting worse, I didn't feel it in the steering wheel so I just assumed 1 of the rear tires was going bad. In a short period of time, it got so bad I couldn't go faster than 60mph. All 4 rear tires looked ok, and I couldn't determine which one was causing the vibration so I took all 4 off and put 2 (1 each side) other tires I knew to be good on the rear. Got up on the highway again but there was no difference. Still had a bad vibration. And it eventually got worse. So I got under the truck checking everything and I found a missing bolt in the yoke behind the transmission to the driveshaft. And at least 2 of the other bolts could turn with my fingers. So I got 4 new bolts and replaced all of them. torqued them all to 90 lbs. Went for a little test ride felt better but not perfect until I made a U-turn, then I could feel it lope at 20 mph and wouldn't dare take it any faster. I need this truck to work tomorrow. Please help! TIA
BTW it's 2008 F350 reg cab dually w 6speed manual Spartan Tuned and deleted.

·
don't play well w others
4,092 Posts
Probably all the needles came out of the ujoint.
Buy a new joint, and replace that one

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replaced u joint. And carrier bearing. Had driveshaft balanced. Still have a bad lope. Notice it about 35mph. Gets scary at 45mph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts