Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked one of these up and it works well, I just have one problem with it. When I have it in the off position, the throttle is not sensitive at all...it will go from 0 to 25% throttle it seems like. If I turn the knob on, but leave it all the way down, it drives perfectly. The problem with leaving it on like that is if you start the truck up with it turned on, the throttle does not do anything at all, so I have to turn it off and back on every time I drive it. It's kind of irritating, just wondering if anyone has had any similar problems?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
That's what sometimes happens with the DIY AIC mod. Generally, you would use it for warm-up (or AC cooling in summer and turn it off when not needed. My DIY version never had that particular problem when I left it on and the truck was already warm (it would idle up when I started it). I never started it with it already on from a dead cold start. I did get a CEL when trying to "dial-in" the increased idle a little too quickly from a dead cold start. Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Do you know why it makes my throttle act all screwey when it is in the "off" position?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
No clue on that one since I don't how it's designed or built. My DIY version in my 94 only had the minor, once in a blue moon, issues stated above. Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey spaz416, i just picked one of these up for my truck and its doing the same, i called dfuser and he said call back in two hours for help, i dont have time for this. did you ever figure this out, i have the same issue with mine. thanks

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I'm thinking those guys have probably moved on since the last post on this was 2011 (even though I'm still here ;)). Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe he will get an email notification (just as i do) saying somebody made a reply. Then hopefully he is kind enough to reply with what his fix was for the situation. You never know. Thanks for your reply though.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Maybe he will get an email notification (just as i do) saying somebody made a reply. Then hopefully he is kind enough to reply with what his fix was for the situation. You never know. Thanks for your reply though.
In the amount of time you've waited for a reply here, you could have just called and had your answer already.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bugman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who said am i waiting, you act like im sitting here at the screen just waiting for a reply. I have a life and things to do. Dont f***** respond or reply unless you have info on the subject. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
User avatar checks out! Take a chill pill. No need for that kind of response. I'm surprised they're even being sold these days. I haven't heard of anyone running one since the original post in here. My two cents: Depending on the truck's programming, that thing could have different characteristics on different trucks. I know when I had my DIY AIC on my 94, I built it to have a range of normal idle to 2000 rpm idle with the BEG8 original programming. When my PCM was reflashed to ALF4 programming, the characteristics of the AIC totally changed. I had to go in and change a resistor I had in there to get the desired range back. BTW, the DIY version I made probably cost $20. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
User avatar checks out! Take a chill pill. No need for that kind of response. I'm surprised they're even being sold these days. I haven't heard of anyone running one since the original post in here. My two cents: Depending on the truck's programming, that thing could have different characteristics on different trucks. I know when I had my DIY AIC on my 94, I built it to have a range of normal idle to 2000 rpm idle with the BEG8 original programming. When my PCM was reflashed to ALF4 programming, the characteristics of the AIC totally changed. I had to go in and change a resistor I had in there to get the desired range back. BTW, the DIY version I made probably cost $20. Cheers!
Personally I would just buy a hydra. Use that for high idle, plus get the tunes to go along with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts