Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My egt gauge has been acting weird lately. The last few times when truck is warm say after driving to the job site and sitting for an hour or so and I start it up it's reading 1200 and will go as high as 1500 at wot. Shut it off and restart gauge runs normal. Thermocuple going bad?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Either the thermocouple is bad or the wiring to the gauge from the thermocouple is damaged somehow. Check over the wiring carefully, especially where it goes through the firewall. Also check where the bolt connections are with the shrink wrap.

·
Clyde
4 Posts
If the wires look good, it sounds more like the gauge is not doing a reset to zero until you turn off again and restart. Some of these units start acting up after 12 to 18 months.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
My egt gauge has been acting weird lately. The last few times when truck is warm say after driving to the job site and sitting for an hour or so and I start it up it's reading 1200 and will go as high as 1500 at wot. Shut it off and restart gauge runs normal. Thermocuple going bad?
Where do you have your ESP mounted?

How long have you had the gauges?

Did you cut and or splice any of the connections?

Try putting some dielectric grease in all the electrical fittings, from the ESP to the sensor.

I have been running and testing the Performax line for over 4 years. If there is a problem, I have experanced it...

If the wires look good, it sounds more like the gauge is not doing a reset to zero until you turn off again and restart. Some of these units start acting up after 12 to 18 months.

Not true, I have 2.5 years on the same ESP with no issues.

If you have issues PM "Michael" on here and ask him for some help, he is more then willing to help anyone out with any Gauge related issues.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you have your ESP mounted?

How long have you had the gauges?

Did you cut and or splice any of the connections?

Try putting some dielectric grease in all the electrical fittings, from the ESP to the sensor.

I have been running and testing the Performax line for over 4 years. If there is a problem, I have experanced it...

Not true, I have 2.5 years on the same ESP with no issues.

If you have issues PM "Michael" on here and ask him for some help, he is more then willing to help anyone out with any Gauge related issues.
Thanks CISPD I'll do that. Isn't there a way to reset the esp to zero manualy?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Thanks CISPD I'll do that. Isn't there a way to reset the esp to zero manualy?
You should not need to but if you have hooked up the Peak recall function then you can just hold down the button for 3-4 seconds and they will clear out the max reading.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
You should not need to but if you have hooked up the Peak recall function then you can just hold down the button for 3-4 seconds and they will clear out the max reading.
sorry to sidetrack, but how does the peak recall get setup, are there any instructions anywhere for this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts