Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, im looking to buy 3 blue LED bulbs for my ISSPRO EV series gauges. I know i can very well snatch these up on ebay, but ill give you vendors a shot first.

Anybody got anything

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Just to add... You will need two small ones for the tranny and pyro and one big one for the boost...

Might contact Michael directly if you dont get any vendors, but make sure you get 5 total bulbs!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reminding me Joe. BTW, you have any pic comparison between LED and non LED? We have the same style of gauges.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Thanks for reminding me Joe. BTW, you have any pic comparison between LED and non LED? We have the same style of gauges.
Here ya go. But I have no EV gauges left, everything I have is EV2 or Performax...

BTW, I just found that Volts gauge if you or anyone else is interested...$10 plus the ride and its yours... No LED in it... I gave it to someone???

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
im interested in some too,thanks

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
What did you have to do to get yours to light blue??? when i bought my EV2's i wanted them in Blue and Clay told me he could have it done. a week later he notified me that ISSPRO was unable to get them to light blue for whatever reason. i have been meaning to try to figure that out, but haven't had time to mess with them. i shoulda just talked to micheal about it when we were in Ennis...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
To "light" blue or the blue face???

pointer or??? Not sure what your getting at.

The blue face is a regular gauge from them in the EV, EV2 and Performax lines. In the EV you have to use bulb covers or LED's to get the really nice blue color. The EV2 and Performax its built into the gauge.

When looking at my gauge pictures keep in mind mine are prototype one off's. They do not offer the blue with red pointers (unless they took my suggestion MICHAEL!!! LOL)

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
To "light" blue or the blue face???

pointer or??? Not sure what your getting at.

The blue face is a regular gauge from them in the EV, EV2 and Performax lines. In the EV you have to use bulb covers or LED's to get the really nice blue color. The EV2 and Performax its built into the gauge.

When looking at my gauge pictures keep in mind mine are prototype one off's. They do not offer the blue with red pointers (unless they took my suggestion MICHAEL!!! LOL)
The guages i wanted were black face, red pointers, blue LED lit EV2's. i went through Clay @ Riff Raff to get them awhile back, but he told me they(ISSPRO) were going to try it then called me back a week later and told me they couldn't do it b/c the color is built into the guage so when they put a blue bulb in it then it lit up a mixture of blue/green and that's not what i wanted. so i told him i didn't want the guages so he tried to get them to figure it out again with no luck. i said screw it b/c i needed new guages and went ahead and got the black/red/green lit EV2's like everyone else. I'm still rather dissappointed with them though. i want them to light up blue. :(

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
The guages i wanted were black face, red pointers, blue LED lit EV2's. i went through Clay @ Riff Raff to get them awhile back, but he told me they(ISSPRO) were going to try it then called me back a week later and told me they couldn't do it b/c the color is built into the guage so when they put a blue bulb in it then it lit up a mixture of blue/green and that's not what i wanted. so i told him i didn't want the guages so he tried to get them to figure it out again with no luck. i said screw it b/c i needed new guages and went ahead and got the black/red/green lit EV2's like everyone else. I'm still rather dissappointed with them though. i want them to light up blue. :(
With the Isspro EV2 and Performax the gauge lighting color is done with the face. Not the LED. The LED's are built into the gauge and are white. Thats why you get a little bit of white bleed thru on the face around the pointers.

You would have to have a no color backing (behind the face) to get the black face to light up blue with Blue LED's...

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
With the Isspro EV2 and Performax the gauge lighting color is done with the face. Not the LED. The LED's are built into the gauge and are white. Thats why you get a little bit of white bleed thru on the face around the pointers.

You would have to have a no color backing (behind the face) to get the black face to light up blue with Blue LED's...
that's what i figured when Clay told me ISSPRO couldn't figure out how to do it. just like the factory guage faces on these trucks, just gotta take that green coating off the back side of the gauge right? i just don't know how to get the guage apart to try it out, but it kinda got under my skin a bit that ISSPRO could make these guages, but yet can't figure out how to make them light up blue.... all they'd have to do is take the white face models and make them black faced, but keep the blue lighting of them, but they couldn't do that for me i guess or they just didn't want to, one of the two.. :mad:

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
subscribing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts