Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Isspro gauge whores look here

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
After 3 years of looking at the same ole gauges, Isspro EV series and the contrasting blue/chrome style im looking for something a bit nicer and that matches the OEM cluster.

I've decided to go with the ISSPRO perfomax line of gauges and am looking at a 4 gauge setup. Other than the obvious 3 what is the 4th most important guage to go with? I see many running a fuel pressure gauge as their 4th but is that really the most important choice after the first 3? Or should i go with a HPOP pressure or something else? My truck is stock injectored and will be for at least the next 2 years which is why i was asking if FP is really what i should be looking at?

Is there a vendor/site that i can get a full 4 gauge package from (all gauges,pod,wiring, everything needed for my setup) i looked at diesel manor but i cant find a package deal like they had for my first gauges i bought from them.

In real world terms what can i expect from these versus my ole EV style gauges? Better lighting? Sharper display? Etc...

And what is the average going rate for a 4 gague setup in the perfomax line?

#3 ·
LOL...

One of the great things about the Performax line is you can HAVE as many gauges as you can afford, and swap them out in seconds.

For a 4 gauge set up, Boost, Pyro, tranny and fuel pressure...

Then order a exhaust back pressure gauge to have when you want to see whats going on... Or a Oil temp gauge, or a oil pressure gauge...

Once they are connected to the ESP (electronic signal processor) you can swap them out as quick as you can pull a gauge out of the pod and install the new one. No wire changes, no fuss.

You also get the peak recall function, press a button you install somewhere and all the gauges go to there last MAX reading (fuel pressure and HPOP go to there lowest). press and hold that button and the max readings are erased.

You can buy the data logging software very cheap as well which allows you to record, save and playback all the gauges in your ESP.

#4 ·
For the 4th gauge choice, I vote fuel pressure.

FP makes a big difference on even a stock truck. And you will hopefully be able to tell when your stocker is getting worn out, before it actually takes a crap on you while your driving down the road.

#5 ·
I was just gonna put ATTN: JOE for the thread title.

back on topic.. any insight joe?

#6 ·
Other then the basic three, I would be interested in HPOP, Oil pressure, then fuel pressure myself. If I went with Performax I would probably have a bunch of gauges. If I was going with just the basic three and one more it would be a scan gauge with an add on sensor or two.

#7 ·
ohhhh, i forgot about the scan gauge. :whs:

I want a scan gauge bad.

#8 ·
My reason for going with the perfomax line is, eventualy I will have a whole slew of gauges, not as much as Joe of course but at least at 7-10. I believe the perfomax line to be my best choice

#9 ·
Can anyone give me a link to the best place to buy a 4 gauge setup with everything I would need or do they only sell seperatly

#11 ·
How bout
clock, battery, air/fuel ratio and a vacum gauge.....lol.

Jk... basic 3 plus a scan guage, or fuel pressure if you want. All of them to match.
If I had a dp chip id prob go with a guage mount.

#12 ·
It's funny you mention vacumm. With all the damn vacumm issues I've been having lately imight just have to get a vaccum gauge haha

#13 ·
I'm guessing you have to piece together the performax line gauge by gauge connector by connector? Cause I can't find complete packages anywhere

#14 ·
Your going to have to pick up a phone and CALL the vendor...

Once you have the ESP, each gauge comes with the sender, connection and wire. Once you have the 3 signal wires into the cab its so easy to add more it will blow your mind.

#16 ·
I will call a vendor when im ready to order. I am using this thread to ask questions as i thought thats what it was for?

When looking around i notice there are color coded and non color coded options for the pyrometer? What is that? And which one would i use?

On boost there is boost then boost #2, what is this?

#19 ·
I thought EV2's didnt even use an ESP?

Dillon im off today buddy...blow me

#21 ·
I know I got a 6leaker, but I have a 4-gauge Performax setup (Pyro, Oil temp, Coolant temp, and Fuel Pressure) in my truck. I got mine from Kenny at KT Performance, good pricing (pretty much same as Diesel Manor) From what I can tell you will have to build your gauge "package" yourself, but all that is is simply calling/emailing/PM'ing the sponsor with what gauges you want, what mount/mounts you want and you'll be good.

I have my ESP next to the fuse box to keep it out of the hot and possibly wet engine compartment, then my 4 gauges are over the rear view mirror, there is enough wire (3 signal wires) to run up the pillar (with slack for future gauges) and then into the overhead pod with a few inches to spair.

#22 ·
OUCH... You made a lot of work for yourself for no reason. The whole point of the Performax line was to keep the wiring mess out of the cab, the ESP is completely water sealed and weatherproof. Isspro has there own weather testing room...

That is the whole point, three wires into the cab to run all your gauges.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.