Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
545 Posts
Bingo. That's it.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Consumer reports June edition recommends Avira at free-av.com as a better option then AVG. I have not tried it and still use AVG.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been using AVG for about two years now and it rarely disappoints me. But I have also used Comodo as well - it's got a nice 'paranoid' feature that I enjoy especially considering I'm also an online gamer (GO AWAY HACKERS!).

I switch between the two when I'm just looking for a little change.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
avg and avirta are both good. i think avg is more thorough, but takes more computer resources too. eather option is worth it.. if you have a newer computer and/or upgraded memory.. go with avg. and yes, thats the one!

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
malware bytes is very good ! gets rid of the viruses i get, i removed 4 viruses on my computer by myself and by no means am i a nerd just good with computers and im 15.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
AVG is stone age anti virus.

NOD32 or ESET combined with malwarebytes is the best.
i wouldnt say that avg is stoneage. it has been around for a long time, but the newest version is pretty recent. they update constantly, and come out with new versions quite a bit. it has never let me down! i'm not saying anything else is crap, but i trust avg. whichever antivirus you use, just make sure it updates itself and has a scheduler.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I really like NOD32, the best part about it is, it does not use much memory. AVG will use so much memory, it actually slows down your computer. You cannot even tell NOD32 is running.

Thanks for the reccomendation Crowz.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
AVAST is pretty hard to beat too. I've been using it for about a year with zero issues.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
I really like NOD32, the best part about it is, it does not use much memory. AVG will use so much memory, it actually slows down your computer. You cannot even tell NOD32 is running.

Thanks for the reccomendation Crowz.
Yeah, when my AVG kicks on the whole thing goes to ####. But the combo of it and malwarebytes and spybot SD keep the thing clean. Just have to schedule it for when I'm not on the PC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts