Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new Ts chip with the high idle stock 50 75 100 140 settings along with my 4 inch strait and cold air intake with boost fooler. First is when i put it on high idle i seems to idle real rough and second when i get on it my egts are gettting up to 1100 and im building about 26psi of boost is this normal

·
Registered
753 Posts
seems about normal... but i have sticks in mine... so idk what it is like wo...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
By getting on it do you mean WOT run? 75% throttle? What?
1100 on a WOT is norm for your setup. Boost is fine too, however I can hit damn near 30 on my truck w/ no fooler.

As for the rough idle...idk?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
mine idled smooth as the ford auto idle control -aic
..rpms match up pretty well too,+/_ 4
the aic holds almost dead on

was it real cold..inj can be louder, ebvp valve enguaging etc...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Ebpv doesn't make a rough idle. A loud irritating annoying hiss more like. At least on my 5" straight pipe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well mine is a stick as well and and for the wide open its when i give it 100% throttle!!! I dunno how you are building 30 pounds with no boost fooler when the map sensor shuts fuel down at 25 psi. How would i get my truck to build at least 30 psi??

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Its my understanding anything over 28 psi with the stock turbo is a waste and only leades to greatly shortenng the life of the turbo.

Apparently some turner have now found ways to get around the defueling that is triggered once over 25 psi without the use of boostfoolers in the tuning itself.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Its my understanding anything over 28 psi with the stock turbo is a waste and only leades to greatly shortenng the life of the turbo.

Apparently some turner have now found ways to get around the defueling that is triggered once over 25 psi without the use of boostfoolers in the tuning itself.
I thought only the OBS defueled at 25 PSI? I can hit 25 and she's still pullin pretty hard:poke:

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
I just installed my new Ts chip with the high idle stock 50 75 100 140 settings along with my 4 inch strait and cold air intake with boost fooler. First is when i put it on high idle i seems to idle real rough and second when i get on it my egts are gettting up to 1100 and im building about 26psi of boost is this normal
Your boost is fine,i hit 32-35psi easy,but i also don't care if(when)my turbo blows.:D
Just make sure you keep an eye on your EGT's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thanks for all the info guys actually the truck is runnin good and strong the way it is a 26 psi of boost. But i did drive it more today and i did notice that it seems that i have a slight vibration when i accelerate now. i dunno if this is cause of the mods i have done and is normal or what. i know i am ignorant and prob paranoid but i just don't wanna be tearin a bunch of stuff up

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
See if you have slung any weights off, my wheels sling off a weight.after a few months.
Eventually I will find a decent tire place.

My ebpv comment was geared to egts but it is rare they stick.
But I misread the post , thinking the 1100 was in high idle, which would be a prob.

A stock turbo does not make effiecient power at 35, infact at 40 psi even the bb gets some nasty bp.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i do not think its wheel weights since it was fine when i pulled it in shop then it started when it came out of the shop with all the new mods on. One more question for you all? I installed the MBRP 4 in turbo back with a muffler delete. my buddy that helped me put it on said to turn the muffler delete backwards since that still kinda acted like a muffler. Is that ok or should i turn it the right way?

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Well i do not think its wheel weights since it was fine when i pulled it in shop then it started when it came out of the shop with all the new mods on. One more question for you all? I installed the MBRP 4 in turbo back with a muffler delete. my buddy that helped me put it on said to turn the muffler delete backwards since that still kinda acted like a muffler. Is that ok or should i turn it the right way?
muffler delete..Do you mean you removed the factory muffler and installed a straight through diesel muffler? If you did,yes you can turn it backwards so that the large open part of the cones are facing the rear of the truck which will make your exhuast louder.
Muffler delete usually means straight pipe exhuast and thats it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts