Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got this from a guy, I was told it was the "new" updated cooler that they sell. With the tubes. Looks stock to me.:confused:

Its the 03 round style.

Let me know!

EDIT. Click on photo

Attachments

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Looks like the stock 03 to me too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks stock. You sure it isn't one of those "Bullet Proof" egr jobs? Theirs look stock IIRC.
thats what I was told it was. I bought this engine off a guy. And he said it had studs and fireringed heads and this cooler. it had studs and rings.. I dont think he would bullshiiit me about a cooler? But sure does look stock to me

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Who knows, I don't really know how to tell if it's one of the BP ones or not just by looking from the outside.

But if you're planning building that motor, do youself a favor and just delete the whole EGR system.

And another thing, be very careful of the fire ringed heads, lots of people have had them and haven't had great luck with them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Im only keeping the studs. Im selling everything else from the engine. Thats why I was asking about this cooler.

I already have a delete kit on my truck

·
Just another OBS addict
1,006 Posts
I dont know if you can tell from just looking at it, but maybe take it to a Ford dealership and see if they can show you one to compare?

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
It looks lika an '03, but I heard the BulletProof coolers are built around the '03 design.

·
< YOU WISH...
775 Posts
The "bulletproof" ones I have seen only have 6 much larger tubes inside. Looks like a bone stock 1 to me. Ford did release an improved 03 cooler so that may be what he is talking about.

·
Who said that?
41 Posts
It does look like stock. The BP cooler has fewer and larger tubes inside. The outside of the cooler also has a weld around the outside on both ends. That's where they cut the body so they can insert the new tube bundle.

I just bought one for my truck and my mechanic is installing it now...it is an 03 as well.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
I'd count the tubes and find out if there is a difference. From what I've been told finding a blown 03 cooler is a needle in a haystack. Might also call neal technologies and ask them since it is their product.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I'd count the tubes and find out if there is a difference. From what I've been told finding a blown 03 cooler is a needle in a haystack. Might also call neal technologies and ask them since it is their product.
I've got one :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts