Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a 7.3 engine out of a 2000 f450 in my area for 600 bucks. Its all complete besides turbo. Everything else is there wiring,heads,injectors,oil cooler,manifolds,up pipes,fuel bowl,hpop its all there but he said it has scoring on the #8 cylinder. My questions are...

Is this still a good price?

Will this motor have forged rods?

What would i have to change to put this in an 02 f350 as far as pcm etc?

Can these be resleeved so that way id just sleeve #8 cylinder and have a good engine to keep around as a backup?

I dont need a new motor but i have pmrs now and it would be nice to have the assurance of a spare engine in the garage to drop in if i ever needed it. The deal just seems to good to pass up but i want some more opinions before i go pick it up if its not that great of a deal. Also it looks very cleans not covered in soot or grease or dirt. Valve covers are super clean can still read all the stickers block looks like it just rolled out of the factory. He doesnt say how many miles but i can ask him about that

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can find a running one for that price, just got to be quick since they dont last long. You would be better off waiting for another one before spending 600 on this one only to have to sleeve and rebuild. I would also ask if he has compression numbers.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Yes they can be sleeved for around a $100 per cylinder once its all torn down. I did mine. Send the injectors in to a core company and get $300 back. Sell some other parts in the classifieds that you don't need. Yes it has forged rods.

Use your wiring harness and the pcm isn't an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts