Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to do a turbo back exhaust with 3 inch downpipe and as I was getting rid of the cobra head downpipe I noticed to my delight hopefully im correct anyways but it seems the downpipe had already been replaced by a 3 inch....the truck is a 95 and was purchased by my grandmother in 99 so it must have been done by the previous owner where people doing the exhaust upgrade in the 90's? Anyways here is a photo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes looks rounded just like picture all the way to right next to transmission housing and frame...somebody must have done it because i was under the impression obs's came stock with the cobra head wich from what i have seen in pics is very obvious in its pancakeing from end of the turbo to firewall. Which leads me to believe the previous owner did it was just curious if this downpipe upgrade was known in 99 or not.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes looks rounded just like picture all the way to right next to transmission housing and frame...somebody must have done it because i was under the impression obs's came stock with the cobra head wich from what i have seen in pics is very obvious in its pancakeing from end of the turbo to firewall. Which leads me to believe the previous owner did it was just curious if this downpipe upgrade was known in 99 or not.
I'm sure someone had figured out that the cobra was a constrictor by 1999. The kits for the IDI generally tried to fit the largest downpipe possible well before the Powerstroke came to market. The downpipe is an easy upgrade.

·
Registered
527 Posts
This is what the stock downpipe looks like:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep definitely not that thank god all I have to do is replace exhaust from back of cab back wasn't looking forward to cutting the cobra pipe out and possibly having to make modifications to the firewall....guess ill sell the downpipe part of the exhaust kit I got on ebay to get some of the money back lol thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts