Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1996 F350 7.3 Powerstroke, zf5 swap, 160cc injectors, Wicked Wheel, ts6 chip, cold air intake.
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought my 1996 f350 and was told it was a special edition truck. Specifically he said it was a cabelas edition. The drivers seats, passenger seat, and rear bench seat are all electric. Electric rear window. And most importantly it is a cabelas green and has custom duck seats. Like the headrest has a duck on the seats. I’ve never personally seen one like this. Thank you

·
Administrator
754 Posts
from what i can gather, none of these "custom edition" trucks were made by ford. \they left the factory as regular old pickups just like all the others, and were then customized by whoever aftermarket name was put on them.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,644 Posts
I do believe those editions are/were made in the factory, like the Eddie Bauer and Amarillo later on. They did the Cabelas all the way up to '10 at least, not sure if any later.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
568 Posts
Specifically he said it was a cabelas edition.
If he edited the truck with all those Cabelas parts & stickers, then it's the only one. Ford didn't do that - there's no money in it. Ford mass-produces things. The most-limited edition Ford made was the Lightning. And they made more of those than they do of current F-series, when you drill down to every little option. Look at some of the threads asking "how many trucks did Ford make exactly like mine?" With the number of options in the past decade, there usually aren't 2 identical high-trim trucks in a model year. But there were MANY identical Lightnings each year because they only had a few options.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,644 Posts
Alright, so from what I have found, the Cabela's package was only a Ford factory option for the 6.4 powerstrokes (08-10). But the suggestion that ford doesn't make "high trim" models is a bit weird. There's been plenty of special trim packages offered throughout the years, like the Nite, SVT, Eddie Bauer editions for the obs, Harley Davidson, King Ranch, Amarillo, Outlaw, etc for the super duty. Some of those were only offered for as few as 2 production years.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Who said they don't make high trim models? They only made the PowerStroke F150 a couple of years, but it wasn't a "limited edition", which is what the original question was about. And SVT isn't a package, model, or trim level - it's a badge on some Lightnings & on Raptors indicating they were developed by Ford's Special Vehicles Team.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,644 Posts
If he edited the truck with all those Cabelas parts & stickers, then it's the only one. Ford didn't do that - there's no money in it. Ford mass-produces things. The most-limited edition Ford made was the Lightning.
You certainly did say that ford doesn't do special trim packages, there is "no money in it". I am simply trying to tell you they do in fact do special edition trim options.

When I said svt = lightning. I was simply shortening it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts